Wow! Just mad.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hilarious! I find it strange that she didn’t reference the fact it was her mother that moved the ball in her tweet. Smells faintly of compliant cheating.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Her caddy has come out and said she is lying! There was an article on one of the American golf channels yesterday with statements from both.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why would you get disqualified by this? Didn't a loose ball from Faldo, (flew behind the green into spectators) then poof, appeared rolling to the infront of the spectators? Why is that different?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why would you get disqualified by this? Didn't a loose ball from Faldo, (flew behind the green into spectators) then poof, appeared rolling to the infront of the spectators? Why is that different?

if you read the article in full you will understand why it is a DQ

D

Deleted member 25172

The best part is that she asks for people to “respect her privacy” and just move on.

She’s explained that she didn’t cheat intentionally. Oh well, carry on then. Nothing to see here. Leave me be.

Yeah, right...

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ouch !! i know a lot of this is his word versus hers, but this is damning to say the least.

It isn't though, it sounds as though the home owner and caddy are telling one corroborated story and the mother and player another. It's pretty obvious who has the reason to lie in this instance. You don't know what the dynamic is maybe she didn't want to disgrace her mother and call the penalty. That's not excusing the cheating, just reasoning it out. That or she's all about the cheaty cheaty bang bang.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
This has potential to be even bigger than Lexi Thomson and her moving the ball.

It really is a right dogs dinner.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Faldo didn't know what had happened - it was the 16th at Wentworth during the World Match Play. Afterwards he said if he had known, he would have offered a half on the hole and moved on to 17. He was not to blame in any way outside of the usual suspect at the Daily Mail who had it in for him for years.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cheating is culturally acceptable in parts of China.

A lot of good articles on the internet.

Kind of clashes with the nature of golf in which a lot of the time you have to be responsible for integrity of the game as only you know if you cheated or not.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cheating is culturally acceptable in parts of China.

A lot of good articles on the internet.

Kind of clashes with the nature of golf in which a lot of the time you have to be responsible for integrity of the game as only you know if you cheated or not.

Though I haven’t read those articles I used to play a mobile game that had a huge Chinese following.

They not only openly cheated but they openly collaborated about it too. They used to switch accounts so there would always be someone playing that one account. Needless to say, the leaderboards were dominated by Chinese names. There was rarely punishment because the developers didn’t want to sully the Asian market.

So yeah, I think you’re correct that there may well be a bit of a cultural colouring to the act.