Would you wear a balaclava on the course?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Without getting too political, Castlereagh Hills fly the Union Jack, as does I.

On a more pressing note, I am quite a precious gent, therefore I will wear my balaclava, no matter how hard you all try to hurt my feelings.:(

If you have feelings your in the wrong place mate :D

Good few on here should wear them . even in the summer , no matter where they'r from :D...

(excludes my handsome self of course)

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I work in some fairly remote places along the east coast mainline. Even working in scotland at 3am in the morning 30 miles from any meaningful town with 50mph winds and a windchill of zero and a train plowing past at 125mph, I'd still not wear the balaclava that work gives out....a wooley hat and snood suit me just fine.:D

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Full balaclava or eyes only? If eyes only, will look like a terrorist, if full face will look like Russ Abbot's "brook bond" character. But a face warmer and baseball hat style with ear warmers - I only wear them when Baltic, but looks better and keeps the face, head and ears warm.

To be honest LB you would pull more often if you wore one.....

:ears:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I have just received my Thinsulate balaclava in the post (£3 of Ebay, bargain), and was wondering whether it was worth looking like a hijacker to keep my lugs warm on the course, I have already decided that it definitely is, but was wondering if anyone else has/would do this?

Not unless it was custom fitted. Did you ensure yours was left or right handed as appropriate before you ordered it?

EarCat

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A beanie hat is OK to keep the lugs warm.

Have you considered a Burka?

Your getting into murky waters there buddy, it's probably not good to have both the words burka and hijacker on the same thread.

My biggest problem with that is that my courses putting green is right at the top of a hill, completely unprotected from winds coming straight from Strangford Lough (there is supposedly no better air than the air we get in Northern Ireland, so my old ma tells me any way). With an early morning start and wind chill factor, you are going to the first tee with all your exposed skin numb, therefore it is necessary to cover up as much as possible, balaclava it is then.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've worn a balaclava, but I've treated it as a snood/mouth warmer, and warm a thick woolly hat on top. Same overall result I guess, but looks a little more normal than a balaclava I think!