Would you rather play 17 at Sawgrass or 12 at Augusta?

Would you rather play 17 at Sawgrass or 12 at Augusta?

• Augusta 12th

Votes: 39 65.0%
  • Sawgrass 17th

Votes: 21 35.0%

• Total voters

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
If you were to play one of these par 3s which would it be? And it's only a one-hole offer..

I'd probably get my money's worth on both but the prospect of rummaging around the undergrowth at 12 would tip it for me

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sawgrass. I'd rather play the full 18 there than Augusta anyway but I love the drama of the 17th. It's an all or nothing hole, that is exciting

Both are wonderful holes, I would not criticise either of them

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Augusta please! Thanks GM what a great prize can’t wait, let me know when my private jet is fuelled up. ?

Being down in that hollow with the azaleas in full bloom, got tingles in me golf bits.

Sawgrass is undeniably cool. If you’ve ever played the par 3 course at Rudding Park they have a “replica” which from the back tees is still shorter but it’s all miniaturised. Good craic if you’re in the area it’s only 6 holes so u nip around in no time while the misses is having coffee or whatever they do when we’re not there

2163B813-58BE-4280-BFA6-F7793189AAB8.jpeg

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Augusta please! Thanks GM what a great prize can’t wait, let me know when my private jet is fuelled up. ?

Being down in that hollow with the azaleas in full bloom, got tingles in me golf bits.

Sawgrass is undeniably cool. If you’ve ever played the par 3 course at Rudding Park they have a “replica” which from the back tees is still shorter but it’s all miniaturised. Good craic if you’re in the area it’s only 6 holes so u nip around in no time while the misses is having coffee or whatever they do when we’re not there

View attachment 35561
DM your passport detail and see you on NetJets

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
There is a replica ish of 17 at Sawgrass at Pinheiros Altos in Portugal. Small peninsula green, about 140 ish. Easy birdie, so in my head, I have already played it.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

View attachment 35561

Unbelievably I hit the green first time iirc, my mate dunked two in the pond though ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The 12th at Augusta is a massively better hole with a variety of challenges. The 17th at Sawgrass is a novelty hole. Funny enough, I have played a course link in Maryland which had replica versions of both.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've always said that the 17th at Sawgrass is a very " manufactured" hole, built for spectator viewing rather than it being a good golf hole.
The 12that Augusta has always been one of my favourites
It just has so much more about it the the 17th, more potential outcomes, potentially more variety of shots required