Would you like some water?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is it with the below 50's or foreigners when you do some work for them, instead of asking you if you would like a tea or coffee, its "would you like some water? ".
I poltely decline and say I have plenty in the van in my bottle, or their tap:)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
What is it with the below 50's or foreigners when you do some work for them, instead of asking you if you would like a tea or coffee, its "would you like some water? ".
I poltely decline and say I have plenty in the van in my bottle, or their tap:)

I'm 29 and id never offer water :ROFLMAO:

Tea, Coffee, Squash, Biscuits always.

Dad is a tradesmen though so maybe that helps?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The one's we have used in recent times all bring their own drinks. They've turned us down when we've offered 🤷🏻‍♂️. Maybe they have taken the hump over water only being offered and took matters into their own hands 😆

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Always offer tea/coffee, biscuits and if I’m doing a bacon sandwich I offer one of those too.

As for offering water, I’ll give them any drink they ask for, providing it’s non-alcoholic, and even a beer sat on the back terrace with them at the end of the day.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always offer tea/coffee, biscuits and if I’m doing a bacon sandwich I offer one of those too.

As for offering water, I’ll give them any drink they ask for, providing it’s non-alcoholic, and even a beer sat on the back terrace with them at the end of the day.
If only all customers were like you.:)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sure I've said this before

When we had the loft done it was always tea and biscuits, or whatever drink took their fancy

Was a long job, last day did bacon sandwiches all round

Rest work is normally 1-3 day jobs and if I'm about I normally offer to get lunch in for them from KFC or alike

Minor added cost to the job to treat people right for improving your living quality

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Missis T was an Urology outreach nurse. She has said that some houses she went to you just would not want a drink. Let’s just say that with some folk Hygene was not a priority. Re the Tash household. I always offer drink. Some take some don’t. Maybe they have read my third sentence 😳😁

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Missis T was an Urology outreach nurse. She has said that some houses she went to you just would not want a drink. Let’s just say that with some folk Hygene was not a priority. Re the Tash household. I always offer drink. Some take some don’t. Maybe they have read my third sentence 😳😁

I was once given a coffee in a jam jar, Tash. I kid you not.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've got a few big jobs coming up over the next few months where I'll be having trades in for days at a time. It'll be the first time I've had big jobs done while I've been working from home the whole time.

Is it acceptable to say "There's the tea, there's the coffee, there's the coke, there's the biccies - help yourselves", but not actually do the tea making for them? Or if I'm home, am I expected to do the tea making? Obviously if I have someone in for a small job I offer a drink, but I don't really want to be running after them multiple times a day for a week or so at a time.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got a few big jobs coming up over the next few months where I'll be having trades in for days at a time. It'll be the first time I've had big jobs done while I've been working from home the whole time.

Is it acceptable to say "There's the tea, there's the coffee, there's the coke, there's the biccies - help yourselves", but not actually do the tea making for them? Or if I'm home, am I expected to do the tea making? Obviously if I have someone in for a small job I offer a drink, but I don't really want to be running after them multiple times a day for a week or so at a time.
Yep, it's acceptable. In fact they probably appreciate it more, as they can have a break when it suits them rather than have you bother them when it doesn't.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Tea, coffee, squash, milk and sugar all left out for our builders to use as much as they want. Plus 1st thing morning I offer to make whether or not doing one for self, and any time when I’m doing one for us I’ll offer to make. Saying this I right this moment hear them arrive so must off downstairs and do my duty 😊

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We would just say do you want a drink. Actually the majority of people we've had in recent years have declined, having brought their own drinks with them, be it Lucozade, water, Coke or whatever.

Recent carpet fitters asks for two teas and one coffee, then left all their cups on our newly painted windowsills. Maybe one reason why people don't offer anymore.