Should giant putter grips be banned

• YES! : Banned back to the stone age!

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • NO WAY : I have massive hands!

Votes: 30 93.8%

• Total voters

The Dog.

Visit site
They're both ways to stabilise the wrists though. So although mechanically they are different, if your banning armlock, which seems to be the view of that thread, for stabilising the wrists should we not also ban big grips for doing the same thing?

And theres no positive lock from arm lock, if i break my left wrist the shaft just moves away from my arm? So it is in effect a conventional stroke?

You’re not making any sense in response to the point that you can only touch the club with your hands and fingers.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
But the whole point of armlock is to use the third point of contact to reduce one degree if freedom of your wrist, the bigger grips reduce the degrees of freedom by stetching tendons, so both aim to do the same thing? If ones ok why not the other?

(Clearly I'm being cantankerous and this whole thread is dripping with sacrasm at how many people want to ban armlock without even trying it...)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
But the whole point of armlock is to use the third point of contact to reduce one degree if freedom of your wrist, the bigger grips reduce the degrees of freedom by stetching tendons, so both aim to do the same thing? If ones ok why not the other?

(Clearly I'm being cantankerous and this whole thread is dripping with sacrasm at how many people want to ban armlock without even trying it...)
Because Bryson uses the armlock. Ergo it must be banned.

D

Deleted member 1147

I think of golf as a game of swinging a club, whilst holding it in your hands.

As such I don't think you should have another point of contact, other than the hands (or hand equivalent, for those with disabilities/missing limbs).

I have no thoughts on the fat grip, except that if they decided to bring in a maximum grip thickness it wouldn't bother me at all (& I'm a crap putter).

With regards to the argument that "if it's so good why doesn't everyone use it", it may be better for some and not so good for others, for example Tiger is a great putter so he'd have no reason to change. But it's noticeable that a lot of those using armlock were previously using belly putters. So it's obviously of help to those who struggle to putt using the conventional method.