Worst Golf Ball ever?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
a few more suggestions after playing yesterday?

Tour Select UD
Top Flite XL2000
Pinnacle Extreme
Maxfli Extra Spin DTEC

I used to like a pinnacle exteme. 'Cheap and feel ok' was the strap line on the box, but in those days I liked to save up and use maxfli 'black max' :thup:

Obviously now I favour srixon distance, they feel buttery soft off my cast callaways :D

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Last year I couldn't stay for the draw in one of the charity raffles at the club and a "friend" said he would look after my tickets and, if I had a winning ticket, he would choose a prize for me.

As a result, I am now the "proud" owner of a box of 12 brand new Commando Plus vizi-white balls.

I could be persuaded to part with them at the right price.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
a few more suggestions after playing yesterday?

Tour Select UD
Top Flite XL2000
Pinnacle Extreme
Maxfli Extra Spin DTEC

XL2000 is/was nearly as old as you!

More rocks from 'back in the day'.....

Molitor 440
DDH 110
Dunlop Double Titanium

Though I used a Double Ti for 1 hole a couple of months ago and it felt fine!

Some of the current/recent Callaway and Nike balls are definitely not for me!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Obviously now I favour srixon distance, they feel buttery soft off my cast callaways :D

Hmm, do I sense a little sarcasm here :mmm:

I played in a Greensomes comp on New Years Day and my lady partner was playing with a Srixon Distance, I found a fairway bunker on 1 of my drives so I took her drive which was some 50yds back on the fairway, I took my new SLDR 19* hybrid and nailed it to the front fringe of the green, I've never seen me hit such a low to mid flight penetrating ball before into the wind so well, thinking it may be just one of those 1 out of 5 great hits we all do now and then, I had the opportunity to do a similar shot but this time a 2nd shot on our par 5 and again a superb low penetrating shot which went miles further than expected!

At only £10 a dozen, could these be a realistic alternative to the AD333's or Z-Stars I use, are some premium balls overrated to a degree at certain handicap levels?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I've had a hole in one with a Molitor, superb golf balls.

My first one was with a Dunlop Double Titanium! :rolleyes:

@Fish Srixon Distance is quite a good ball imo. Especially for winter use; certainly comparable with AD333 and a much better price. I never noticed a particularly low flight though.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hmm, do I sense a little sarcasm here :mmm:

I played in a Greensomes comp on New Years Day and my lady partner was playing with a Srixon Distance, I found a fairway bunker on 1 of my drives so I took her drive which was some 50yds back on the fairway, I took my new SLDR 19* hybrid and nailed it to the front fringe of the green, I've never seen me hit such a low to mid flight penetrating ball before into the wind so well, thinking it may be just one of those 1 out of 5 great hits we all do now and then, I had the opportunity to do a similar shot but this time a 2nd shot on our par 5 and again a superb low penetrating shot which went miles further than expected!

At only £10 a dozen, could these be a realistic alternative to the AD333's or Z-Stars I use, are some premium balls overrated to a degree at certain handicap levels?

Maybe a little sarcasm :eek:

In the winter it makes little difference but you'd notice it on firm greens. They also go a bit chalky after a while.

Have you tried a pinnacle lady?

I had one of my best winter rounds ever with a molitor that I found, but I wouldn't choose to play them.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
My first one was with a Dunlop Double Titanium! :rolleyes:

@Fish Srixon Distance is quite a good ball imo. Especially for winter use; certainly comparable with AD333 and a much better price. I never noticed a particularly low flight though.

Maybe it was a bit bottom groovy :eek:

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pinnacle Tour Extra Soft High-Spin ...... ok so I made that one up. But can you imagine them making and marketing one?

We used to have a Pinnacle ball in our roll-up which had to be used if you hit a provisional. And you had to announce it loudly, "Provisional ball, Pinnacle 1". Trying to then hit it with all the laughing behind you was harder than the actual ball.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Uniroyal Hexagon........close thread!

BTW
As a young golf assistant asked by customers what GBD meant I would cheerfully say, 'Goes Better Downhill'.

Most believed me.[ truth is ......Golf Ball Developments, makers of Penfold and Bromford.]

~Doon, was the Uniroyal also known as the +6... the marketing hype was that the hexagonal dimples made it go 6 yards further???