Worst Golf Ball ever?

Banzai

Medal Winner
Visit site
For me it was the Dunlop LoCo- an absolute shocker! i "won" some of these years ago and although I hit the ball reasonably well I could not get this thing to go where i wanted at all, ever, just so much spin of a seemingly random direction on any given shot.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yea my vote for top flight or donnay. Awful sound off them and can't putt them cause of the sound lol.

Remember finding a ball one time that was crap aswell the MC lady anyone else had the honour of them lol

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I remember playing with a topflight years ago on a freezingly cold day, and it split in half.:eek: Still managed to miss the fairway with both halves.:(

D

Deleted Member 1156

Titleist Tour balata

One thinned wedge and it was done for! :rofl:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I got a box of these last Christmas .................. still not managed to use them!

images

Slime.

PingPlayer15

Club Champion
Visit site
Has anyone used one of those soft balls. They look clear on the outside cover. I recently won one and i havent used it yet. It was called slazenger black ice. Any thoughts.

PingPlayer15

Club Champion
Visit site
Has to be the Commando for me. I remember we used to hit them for fun when we found one when we were kids. I swear it made a sort of 'zipping' sound as it went through the air if you stood next to it. I also seem to remember them having the properties of a 'floater' football. You could try and hit a snap hook with it and it would either go dead straight or fade.
i have a yellow commando in the spare ball bucket in my garage. I played a quick round with it and on my ninth drive, it split in two. I found one half, but not the other. What a way to break and it had never really been used. Just goes to show how awful they really are.

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
i have a yellow commando in the spare ball bucket in my garage. I played a quick round with it and on my ninth drive, it split in two. I found one half, but not the other. What a way to break and it had never really been used. Just goes to show how awful they really are.

I believe the yellow Commando was actually called the Tornado wasn't it?

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Does anyone still play the commando. I wonder if they all split in half when you whack them hard?

I see there is now a yellow Commando available, but in my day the yellow equivalent was a Tornado. Anyone, in answer to the above, I believe the Commando is a very popular ball among serious pitch and putt players...