Worst Golf Ball ever?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Callaway Warbirds must be up there.

I have topped one of these on a cold January morning with a 4 iron and i swear my hands were ruined for days after. The birds flew out the trees after the yelp i let out.

Horrible things

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Uniroyal Hexagon........close thread!

BTW
As a young golf assistant asked by customers what GBD meant I would cheerfully say, 'Goes Better Downhill'.

Most believed me.[ truth is ......Golf Ball Developments, makers of Penfold and Bromford.]

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe not the worst ball but the worst name has to be the Top Flite Freak closely followed by the Top Flite Gamer released at the same time.

MattM

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Has anyone ever used the Callaway CXR before? I have 6 in my golf bag and i havent used them yet. Any thoughts?

Get pre-treatment for vibration white finger. Thats my advice. Absolute pebble.

Depends on which CXR - The CXR Power - yep agree as per the above

The CXR Control though is not a bad ball IMHO. A 3 piece for £12 pd!! Played most of this season with them and performed better than the AD333

D

Deleted member 18588

Titleist Velocity.

Other than its relatively low price it has no redeeming features and is a slur on the name of an otherwise top company.

EuanRoss

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Has to be the Commando for me. I remember we used to hit them for fun when we found one when we were kids. I swear it made a sort of 'zipping' sound as it went through the air if you stood next to it. I also seem to remember them having the properties of a 'floater' football. You could try and hit a snap hook with it and it would either go dead straight or fade.

LinksTurf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One of my friends found a Top Flite Magna ball in the rough a few weeks ago and wondered why it wouldn't fit into the ball holder on his trolley. The reason was that it was huge compared with a standard 1.68" golf ball. Can't imagine what Top Flite were thinking when they designed this ball? :rolleyes:

The theory was that it would hook and slice less. The bigger the ball, the less spin. That was the marketing anyway.

TheCaddie

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Callaway Warbirds must be up there.

I have topped one of these on a cold January morning with a 4 iron and i swear my hands were ruined for days after. The birds flew out the trees after the yelp i let out.

Horrible things

I better start investing in some better balls!!! I have been using warbirds for a while, because of the price, but haven't really used many others to compare....!!!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Top Flite is definate , might aswell be hitting rocks

Is it fair to say commando ? arent they a more P&P ball ? They are superb for P&P but by design would be bad with driver & long irons

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Black Diamonds are the worst golf ball available anywhere in the world today, by an absolute country mile!!!!

Won 12 at a society day, that bad i wouldnt even put them in my practice bag, these things eat top flights and commandoes for breakfast in the pebble stakes.

http://www.golfstoreeurope.com/en/M...tm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=UnitedKingdom

Yes, diamond hardness not exactly a 'must have' when deciding on which ball to play.

I found a translucent pink Volvik Crystal ball once - terrible thing.