Top Flite Magna
Callaway Warbird
Penfold Commando
Palmers Bay Hill Golf Balls
Spalding Tour edition

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
You youngsters don't remember the Goblin & GBD. You could cut these balls just by looking at them. Hit one thin & you'd expose the wound elastic bands under the cover. Thosecwere the days, and they were only 1.63" in diameter, harder to hit.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
A few suggestions:
Callaway CXR
Top Flite Magna
Callaway Warbird
Penfold Commando
Palmers Bay Hill Golf Balls
Spalding Tour edition
One of my friends found a Top Flite Magna ball in the rough a few weeks ago and wondered why it wouldn't fit into the ball holder on his trolley. The reason was that it was huge compared with a standard 1.68" golf ball. Can't imagine what Top Flite were thinking when they designed this ball? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of my friends found a Top Flite Magna ball in the rough a few weeks ago and wondered why it wouldn't fit into the ball holder on his trolley. The reason was that it was huge compared with a standard 1.68" golf ball. Can't imagine what Top Flite were thinking when they designed this ball?

That may be the same as the one I found

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
You youngsters don't remember the Goblin & GBD. You could cut these balls just by looking at them. Hit one thin & you'd expose the wound elastic bands under the cover. Thosecwere the days, and they were only 1.63" in diameter, harder to hit.
Goblins, Commando's and Dunlop Warwicks were the balls I always seemed to find when I was a kid. Dunlop 65's, Slazenger B51's and Penfold Ace's were the ones I wanted to find.

PingPlayer15

Club Champion
Visit site
There is a box of golf balls at my grandads which contains the worst golf balls you will ever find: Penfold Commando, titleist pro traj surlyn 90, Dunlop 65i and a Ping golf ball.

PingPlayer15

Club Champion
Visit site
With regards to the Top Flite Magna, I have five of these in my golf ball bucket in my garage. Also another contender is possibly any Ultra golf ball.