World Handicap System

Swango1980

Visit site
Thankfully I’m not a member at a club with yourself as handicap secretary- can just imagine having a complete meltdown and hating the game , walking away and some over officious rules wannabe tells me “you must try your best” or I’m taking your handicap from you

And why would I worry about scenarios above when I don’t have members who do that

You have a really poor outlook on club golfers.

As I said - some are fans of the sport , some are fans of the rules
So, you are completely unable to answer my questions due to an ignorance on how the system works.

And, I am delighted to are not a member at my club, maybe I'd have to cry my eyes out when I need to spend my time chasing your scores in my own time.

Thankfully people like you are in the minority. You make it sound like Committee members enjoy dishing out penalties. They don't, and you are a disgrace for thinking it. It says more about you than them. Personally I hope I never have to penalise anyone, and I seriously don't think I will

Swango1980

Visit site
Are valid reason(s) defined in the rules? What are they? I’d like to know.
Yeah, well it gives examples. Injury would be a valid reason, or any sort of emergency. Ultimately Committee would decide for each situation. Bad weather wouldn't be (unless course became unplayable) or sulking because you were not having a good day

D

Deleted member 15344

So, you are completely unable to answer my questions due to an ignorance on how the system works.

And, I am delighted to are not a member at my club, maybe I'd have to cry my eyes out when I need to spend my time chasing your scores in my own time.

Thankfully people like you are in the minority. You make it sound like Committee members enjoy dishing out penalties. They don't, and you are a disgrace for thinking it. It says more about you than them. Personally I hope I never have to penalise anyone, and I seriously don't think I will

Why would you have to “chase my scores” ?

Can you really not see the difference someone who NR’s or walks in and someone who doesn’t submit their card ?

It’s two totally difference situations - if someone doesn’t submit their card into the system then we have a system of warnings and traffic lights - but someone can NR without any fear of warnings. Two situations treated differently.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, well it gives examples. Injury would be a valid reason, or any sort of emergency. Ultimately Committee would decide for each situation. Bad weather wouldn't be (unless course became unplayable) or sulking because you were not having a good day

Thanks. Can you paste or link to the examples and wording specifically?

I want to know where I stand if I ever have to consider walking off.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Put your query to England Golf. Just play without a handicap if you feel that strongly about it. It is only a game, don't worry about it
Ok Adolf, I'm in Scotland and not in the least bit worried about returning MULTIPLE NRs when I have to.
I probably wont be entering many individual H/C qualifying events in the foreseeable future, so my H/C will remain the same.
But I would still like my handicap to be as realistic as possible.
Signed
Private Pike :p

Swango1980

Visit site
Ok Adolf, I'm in Scotland and not in the least bit worried about returning MULTIPLE NRs when I have to.
I probably wont be entering many individual H/C qualifying events in the foreseeable future, so my H/C will remain the same.
But I would still like my handicap to be as realistic as possible.
Signed
Private Pike :p
Goodo, though will be less realistic if you don't return bad scores. So make sure you return your card :)

Swango1980

Visit site
Why would you have to “chase my scores” ?

Can you really not see the difference someone who NR’s or walks in and someone who doesn’t submit their card ?

It’s two totally difference situations - if someone doesn’t submit their card into the system then we have a system of warnings and traffic lights - but someone can NR without any fear of warnings. Two situations treated differently.
I think you are just confused, your arguments make no sense, and still unable to answer my 2 previous simple questions

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think we need to separate between not returning a card and and NR.

There is no excuse for not returning a card and posting scores for holes completed.

If your having a mare and jack it in just because your having a mare is a strange one. Yes it is just a game so what’s wrong with having a mare, you also may be marking another persons card so are you going to walk in ignore the other player.

D

Deleted member 15344

There is no excuse for not returning a card and posting scores for holes completed.

If your having a mare and jack it in just because your having a mare is a strange one. Yes it is just a game so what’s wrong with having a mare, you also may be marking another persons card so are you going to walk in ignore the other player.

They are two separate issues as you point out

We don’t see people walking in if they are a two ball as that is poor

I have been with someone who after 7 holes with a case of the hosels walked in because he believed he was having an affect on both his enjoyment and the people he was playing with -cards sorted out , he put his into the box and PSI and left - is someone really going to give him a warning ? Same with the guy today , no one should ever be forced to stay on the course if the game is that bad they are not enjoying it.

Not putting your card in is a totally seperate issues and we have processes and procedures in place for it and in the past offenders have had winnings withheld and comps bans

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

I would never leave a FC without a marker.
What's difference in entering a gross score of say 150 and entering an NR ?
Edit except for holding up the players behind.

Swango1980

Visit site
I would never leave a FC without a marker.
What's difference in entering a gross score of say 150 and entering an NR ?
Under the old system, nothing. Both a 0.1 increase, no problem.

Under WHS, Committee need to find the missing score and find out why it wasnt returned. If score not found, a penalty score needs to be determined, and that depends on what Committee think the reason for the NR was. If scores are not returned persistently, then it can become more problematic with a true handicap.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Under the old system, nothing. Both a 0.1 increase, no problem.

Under WHS, Committee need to find the missing score and find out why it wasnt returned. If score not found, a penalty score needs to be determined, and that depends on what Committee think the reason for the NR was. If scores are not returned persistently, then it can become more problematic with a true handicap.
I think you missed the ENTERING bit :confused:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or because I’m a golfer first I can understand why at times people just want to jack in a round or walk in or just pick up.

When I say serial NRs very often it meant players who just could not be bothered to enter their scores on the PSI properly just NR every hole. One guy had one NR every hole removed and the score entered by me, his score - 35 points. Another guy was deliberately handicap protecting low single figure who di did not want his handicap to increase and only entered score to or better than probable buffer (he ended up with a handicap suspension).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where is the WHS to search? I’ve googled and can’t find player responsibilities.

I think one of the problems is that some of us tend to think about what was in the old rules books when it was clearly defined. Even the the old rules of Etiquette have been remove

Now the Rule simply says

1.2 Standards of Player Conduct
a. Conduct Expected of All Players
All players are expected to play in the spirit of the game by:
• Acting with integrity – for example, by following the Rules, applying all penalties, and being honest in all aspects of play.
• Showing consideration to others – for example, by playing at a prompt pace, looking out for the safety of others, and not distracting the play of another player.
• Taking good care of the course – for example, by replacing divots, smoothing bunkers, repairing ball-marks, and not causing unnecessary damage to the course.
There is no penalty under the Rules for failing to act in this way, except that the Committee may disqualify a player for acting contrary to the spirit of the game if it finds that the player has committed serious misconduct.
Penalties other than disqualification may be imposed for player misconduct only if those penalties are adopted as part of a Code of Conduct under Rule 1.2b

It was left to each club to set up a set of rules for a Code of Conduct but I bet very few have done it.