World Handicap System (WHS)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
WHS requires scores to be transferred on the day of play but that may be difficult if the person responsible is a volunteer and has a large number of cards involved. Using Handicapmaster software, scores are going to WHS very shortly after submission by the player but I think their application is not confirmed until the competition is finalised, which may not be on the day.

Comp was last night, cards came out 08:05 today so I suspect they have done it this morning

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
WHS requires scores to be transferred on the day of play but that may be difficult if the person responsible is a volunteer and has a large number of cards involved. Using Handicapmaster software, scores are going to WHS very shortly after submission by the player but I think their application is not confirmed until the competition is finalised, which may not be on the day.

Application of scores to a players handicap record is (or should be) entirely independent from the competition processing.

D

Deleted member 15344

Major issues yesterday which I can only assume was increased traffic with “Gateway“ Errors.

Dotgolf cannot handle the level of traffic from the multiple ISV’s along with the EG app as well

It was mentioned multiple times in earlier meetings that they need to make sure the servers can handle the load - CDH was able to handle uploads - Dotgolf currently clearly can’t. It’s not like they haven’t had a good 12 months to sort it

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Using Handicapmaster software, scores are going to WHS very shortly after submission by the player but I think their application is not confirmed until the competition is finalised, which may not be on the day.
Are you sure? I understood that the ISVs only uploaded at the end of the day and were processed by dot.golf overnight.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Not with PSI input and IG. My score Last Saturday medal was on my handicap record on Sunday and the comp was not finalised until Monday.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not with PSI input and IG. My score Last Saturday medal was on my handicap record on Sunday and the comp was not finalised until Monday.

We don't get to use the app for the comp unfortunately

Scores were posted today I'm hoping go on tomorrow for My round

But then if they don't I suspect it all catches it up when that one goes in it works out no it should be x y and z

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We seem to have a bug in our system where, when entering scores either via the HDIDO app or the PSI terminal, it can't seem to cope with more than a shot a hole.
Both Fragger and CVG ( a right pair of hackers) had issues entering scores where they were only given 1 shot by the system rather than 2 - this happened quite a lot with Fragger's card..
Apparently the correct scores are going through but not being shown...Top Men are working on it..Top Men.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Impressed

08:05 comp results posted (cards put in same kinda time)

22:00 whs app updates to reflect app and new index

Ig app not updated yet but will in morning

EG app shows tho so could do scores on that tomorrow

Wonder if I should use that at my home course rather than My course app it seems better

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry, I really should keep tabs on posts, I noticed that the EG app allows scores to be entered and was asking if they were to count for HC purposes.

If you preregister then yes .

Not using the app myself because we have IG and it is good enough for me and I only play in Opens away.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can anyone explain why an option for a none-Q is given? Why would anyone bother registering for a None-Q?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-102715_HowDidiDo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-102715_HowDidiDo.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 10

Swango1980

Visit site
Can anyone explain why an option for a none-Q is given? Why would anyone bother registering for a None-Q?
I agree with you. I think the Club V1 / HDID guys have a pretty messy system. They use the term "Casual Round" when General Play would have been better. They use qualifying and non-qualifying, even though these terms are no longer defined in the WHS handicapping system (they were in the old CONGU system).

But, the biggest issue I have found is that, many golfers are completely unaware of official terminology, and that will always be the case. When one such golfer has to select "qualifying" or "non-qualifying" many of them, especially new golfers, select non-qualifying. They make a logical decision that qualifying must have something to do with competitions, and so they do not select that option. Furthermore, at our club we used to tell golfers qualifying competitions counted towards the summer order of merit, so it wouldn't surprise me if some experienced golfers thing qualifying has something to do with the order of merit. I have seen that quite a few golfers have entered scores so far at my club, and selected "non-qualifying", so their handicap record does not get touched.

I wish HDID would have at least given the options "Acceptable for Handicap" or "Not for Handicap Purposes", or something that made it obvious to most golfers who will use the system. But, I am not sure why the "non-qualifying" option really exists anyway.

Swango1980

Visit site
I have a player who has a CDH no and is entered on my ISV but wasn't on the WHS DB.

I found him on the DB and added him there and did a merge but still it won't sync, anyone have any ideas.
I experienced a similar issue last week (having added about 20 new members from another club). Some players synced, a few did not. The following day, I still could not get some of them to sync. I did e-mail Club V1 support, but never got an answer. However, not long after this they did sync, so not sure if that was co-incidence or not. I think I also had to add an e-mail address / DOB on WHS at one point, that may have resolved the issue. However, I have done so many in the last couple of weeks, I'm not sure if that would be the solution in your case or not.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree with you. I think the Club V1 / HDID guys have a pretty messy system. They use the term "Casual Round" when General Play would have been better. They use qualifying and non-qualifying, even though these terms are no longer defined in the WHS handicapping system (they were in the old CONGU system).

But, the biggest issue I have found is that, many golfers are completely unaware of official terminology, and that will always be the case. When one such golfer has to select "qualifying" or "non-qualifying" many of them, especially new golfers, select non-qualifying. They make a logical decision that qualifying must have something to do with competitions, and so they do not select that option. Furthermore, at our club we used to tell golfers qualifying competitions counted towards the summer order of merit, so it wouldn't surprise me if some experienced golfers thing qualifying has something to do with the order of merit. I have seen that quite a few golfers have entered scores so far at my club, and selected "non-qualifying", so their handicap record does not get touched.

I wish HDID would have at least given the options "Acceptable for Handicap" or "Not for Handicap Purposes", or something that made it obvious to most golfers who will use the system. But, I am not sure why the "non-qualifying" option really exists anyway.
Yes we're having the same happen..... players & us getting very frustrated. Not to mention the 30days before the casual rounds get deleted... dooh.... makes monitoring them rather more awkward as we're getting 5 or 10 a day. Has been mentioned to V1 guys

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes we're having the same happen..... players & us getting very frustrated. Not to mention the 30days before the casual rounds get deleted... dooh.... makes monitoring them rather more awkward as we're getting 5 or 10 a day. Has been mentioned to V1 guys
Yeah, the entered rounds is getting difficultish to monitor. It also inlcudes rounds I have manually entered as handicap secretary, when members have only handed in physical cards (or sent photo), or cards for initial handicap. This shows as having both a Sign in time and Score Entry time as 01:00, no matter what time I entered them. However, the fact they are mixed up with scores that were directly entered by golfers makes it harder to go through