world darts final

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The 3rd leg in the second set - wow
In the words of Wayne Mardle
If you watch darts for another 50 years you are never going to see that again.

He went so wild about it he lost his voice and John Part had to take over the commentary

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I tried watching a bit of the darts during the early rounds and couldn't believe the state of the crowds. If any of them were sober enough to remember what they had seen it would be a miracle. Just a load of drunken yobs imo

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I tried watching a bit of the darts during the early rounds and couldn't believe the state of the crowds. If any of them were sober enough to remember what they had seen it would be a miracle. Just a load of drunken yobs imo

Its actually very difficult to get drunk....certainly on the beer that they serve up at the Ally Pally....my experience is that it is either watered down or possibly contract brewed to a lower strength for serving at the event.

I've been going since 2016 (didnt attend the two Covid affected years) and yes, you see the odd bloke who's had one or two too many, and no I dont personally meet everyone in the crowd, but the examples of widespread drunken yobbish behaviour, in my experience, can be counted on one hand. Possibly more likely in the evening sessions when they've had chance to drink in pubs all day. Yes the atmosphere is more like what you might get at a football stadium but I've never experienced it being anything less than ultra friendly...most people go for the sheer fun of the day...dressing up and all that. Throw in the vast number of women and kids who are also there and you have what Wallace and Grommet would have called "A Grand Day Out".

D

Deleted member 15344

I wouldn’t confuse people enjoying themselves with being drunk

It’s a rowdy event but anytime I have been there people aren’t all smashed out of their heads - it’s great fun and people are able to just relax and enjoy the atmosphere , there will be the odd few people that have had a few just like at any event

Yep it’s rowdy but it’s fun

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wouldn’t confuse people enjoying themselves with being drunk

It’s a rowdy event but anytime I have been there people aren’t all smashed out of their heads - it’s great fun and people are able to just relax and enjoy the atmosphere , there will be the odd few people that have had a few just like at any event

Yep it’s rowdy but it’s fun
Might be fun if you are in the middle of it, but watching on the telly it is just off putting. Distracted from the darts imo

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Will tag the World Match Play here rather than start a new thread.
Who's watching this great entertainment though the fist to 18 can be more or less over if one gets themselves a good lead.