world darts final

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yep, MVG had turned in to a right tit recently, digs at littler and humphries, I think he’s worried he is no longer top dog
He isn't Humphries is and Littler will be although Littler needs to start focusing and not start acting the big dog. Thought he was very poor against MvG in the first round and thought he would win easily and then seemed to lose interest

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Do people really think darts should be in the Olympics?

There are many events that should not be in the Olympics, but that’s doesn’t mean darts should be.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I agree, just because other crap sports are in doesn't mean we should add even more, I love Darts and golf and snooker, none are Olympic events imo

Agreed, I the World Darts Champs is one of my favourite competitions to watch on TV, but I do not think for one second it should be in the Olympics.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I posted earlier but it was tongue in cheek. I think the Olympics has been cheapened with the advent of a number of new events and it was a case of, if they have them, why not darts? I do agree though, darts shouldn't be in.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Always have the same opinion - for me the only sports that should be in the Olympics are the ones where in that sport the Olympics are the pinnacle for a player

So golf , football , tennis shouldn’t be in there

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
To be fair, athletes are now professionals, the Olympics generate millions and millions. Personally, I have no issue with the athletes getting paid for winning.

Yep - they all get payment in some form now and none of them are true amateurs now , that includes all the lottery and gb sport funded athletes

No one can compete at the highest level now without it being full time

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To be fair, athletes are now professionals, the Olympics generate millions and millions. Personally, I have no issue with the athletes getting paid for winning.
I disagree. What set it apart was the lack of payment but that Olympic medal. Always used to be seen as the pinnacle and Bolt has gone on record as saying they meant more than his world records or world titles

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I disagree. What set it apart was the lack of payment but that Olympic medal. Always used to be seen as the pinnacle and Bolt has gone on record as saying they meant more than his world records or world titles
Okay, so everyone behind the scenes can be made rich from the Olympics, but not the stars of the show? They are professionals, they should benefit from the money they generate.

In terms of the Bolt quote, of course they mean more than world records or titles, it is how athletes are judged, same as majors in golf. It doesn't mean that they should not be paid for it though. Should everyone have played at Troon this weekend for the love of it?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Okay, so everyone behind the scenes can be made rich from the Olympics, but not the stars of the show? They are professionals, they should benefit from the money they generate.

In terms of the Bolt quote, of course they mean more than world records or titles, it is how athletes are judged, same as majors in golf. It doesn't mean that they should not be paid for it though. Should everyone have played at Troon this weekend for the love of it?

I think when it comes to payments for winning Olympics it’s not the IOC that’s paying any prize money - they give a gold model and that’s it - world athletics are giving any winners prize money to reward athletes for their performances -can’t see any issue with that , they need to earn a living as well

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think when it comes to payments for winning Olympics it’s not the IOC that’s paying any prize money - they give a gold model and that’s it - world athletics are giving any winners prize money to reward athletes for their performances -can’t see any issue with that , they need to earn a living as well
They do though - Diamond league, world champs etc. I was brought up as the olympics being a bastion of sporting achievement and although professionals have taken over many sports in the games, why go that extra yard and introduce payments as well. Just doesn't sit right with me