Work From Home

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Today there is a funny video on Twitter about how european train companies own our train operating companies. how they can keep their tarrifs fixed while ours keep going up. It was made by TSSA, but Valerie Farrington posted it..

If train prices come down, the cost benefit of commuting might just break even. Though as has been mentioned before, commuting cost is only one aspect of this.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As our office occupancy keeps dropping, we just announced closure of another floor in the building. If ever people turned up into the office, they will find it difficult to find a desk now.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As our office occupancy keeps dropping, we just announced closure of another floor in the building. If ever people turned up into the office, they will find it difficult to find a desk now.
A few people I know who mix it up no longer have their own desk exclusively as they used to. They share with specific others or just grab whatever desk is free on the day. Gone for many are the days of having pictures on your desk, leaving your mug at work etc.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A few people I know who mix it up no longer have their own desk exclusively as they used to. They share with specific others or just grab whatever desk is free on the day. Gone for many are the days of having pictures on your desk, leaving your mug at work etc.

As a consultant.. never had my own desk, even in our office… always been hotdesking. The only own desk were reserved for back office functions like Ops, Finance, HR or PAs.. post covid that is gone too. So too are the cubicles reserved for management.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My team gave up our desks about a 15 months ago. We were ordered back to the office for one day to clear out our pedestals and collect any personal items. Last time I had to visit the office I noticed that our old desks were still very unoccupied.

Since my old commute costs approx £16 a day in diesel at current prices, I sincerely hope my home electricity costs, for running computers/daytime heating/etc. never exceed that!