WORDS for insulting worst golfer of the day!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Exactly, and that's why I said it's not "my idea of fun
Our MASHIE Niblick trophy was awarded to the player who had played the most hilariously bad or unlucky shot of the day. There is ALWAYS one - and it can be played by the best player or the winner.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
We do a "Benson" (after the TV character). The worst golfer of the day has to serve every one the first bottle of wine in the evening, and have a photo taken doing it, which is then putt as the group whatsapp picture for the next day.

I should also add, that we have one of these trophies that is passed to the worst golfer each day. The player it who gets it on the last day of the trip, keeps it for the year (currently in my garage :()

the-turd-trophy-34177822.png

And the worst golfer of the trip gets one of these (Currently on a shelf in my lounge)

54048-636337203998619375.webp

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have a wooden spoon and trophy similar to the above. The worst golfer of the day gets enough stick without putting a lanyard on him.

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A pal of mine has an annual works golf weekend and borrowing from Masters tradition they have a jacket/blazer that some poor soul has to wear out at night. This thing has been going for several years and has various souvenir items stapled to it, from beer mats to club tags and some offending scorecards.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
the society i played a couple of games in at Redbourn had a squirrel hat, someone wore in the bar, for the person who spent any time in the tree's

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm all for a laugh and a joke, bit of banter etc. But for me, there's a time and a place for it, and wearing a lanyard/tabard around a golf course for 4 hours with "I'm a crap golfer" on it is not my idea of fun, even on a non serious golf jolly.
Like you say, each to their own I suppose. I wouldn't want to do it on a relatively serious golf trip, but I wouldn't have any issue with it if it was just a bit of fun and raised a smile or 2. I have more of an issue with people who think that wearing stupid Loudmouth trouser/shirt combos are fun. They tend to be the same people who wear novelty ties at work and insist that everything is just "Bantz" when they go too far..

Anyway, most of us wouldn't need a T Shirt or Tabard proclaiming us as crap golfers! 5 minutes watching us would demonstrate that particularly well.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
A pal of mine has an annual works golf weekend and borrowing from Masters tradition they have a jacket/blazer that some poor soul has to wear out at night. This thing has been going for several years and has various souvenir items stapled to it, from beer mats to club tags and some offending scorecards.
Now that's a great idea.. (y)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
its not pink is it ?? saw a group of guys out in Edinburgh one night and one was wearing what looked like Girls pink blazer with stuff on it, miles too small for him too:ROFLMAO:

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We just do the losing pair/team have to buy the first round. Given it was three balls last year then it was just 2 pints plus theirs each. Bit of confusion asking the Spanish bar staff that they don't want it delivered to the table as they need to go through the ceremony of handing them out.

Enough that you don't want to be last, and there is a bit of a laugh when handing them out, but not significant enough to offend anyone or create a dent to the bank balance.

D

Deleted member 25172

If you’re gonna @Lilyhawk out. At least let him see it ??

Re the op. something along the lines of Nice Guy, Crap golfer. Works well on a hat they can wear during the round.

I'll have my bandit mustache trimmed and proper come Bearwood Lakes - don't you worry, @richart !