WORDS for insulting worst golfer of the day!

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Off to Portugal (hopefully) a week Friday (20th)

3 rounds, each round is pairs better ball, I thought it might be amusing for the worst scoring pair to have to wear a lanyard with some sort of text printed out and held in an ID card holder thing!

Something like "Rubbish golfer of the day!" or "CRAP AT GOLF!" etc wondered if anyone could come up with something similar and/or better as I might do a selection and the top pair of the day choose which one each player has to wear for the rest of the day :)

Last edited by a moderator:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Our Society used to have a "Duff of the Day" trophy. Players had to nominate their partners worst offences.... these included hitting a passing car, a 1st tee shank which hit the starter in the shin and a trolley going in a pond. The trophy was made from an old diver which one member broke over his knee after several balls went OB...... The head and attached remaining shaft was retrieved from the bin and mounted on a plinth. Folk were keen to win it!

I've seen things like bad hats and jackets which worst scorer of the day had to wear. Head to a local junk or charity shop....huge scope in there

Bit of imagination goes along way! :)

D

Deleted member 21258

EDIT
Caddyshack Golfer

Wildcard Entry Golfer

No hope Golfer

( I prefer subtleness rather than embarrassing or crass .;) )

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Really? Is it a stag do your going on? If I was asked to wear a lanyard with what you're suggesting on it, I'd be telling you where to stick it.
Me too. If I've payed hard earned to go on a golfing holiday, whether it was a stag do or not, then I wouldn't want to be wearing a lanyard. I'm all for a bit of mickey taking and great one for taking and giving it but I think that's a step too far

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Really intrigued by the guys who think this is a step too far! Why? It's just a bit of fun on a non-serious golf jolly. Can't say that I think it's hilarious, but it's not exactly wildly insulting is it?

I'm all for a laugh and a joke, bit of banter etc. But for me, there's a time and a place for it, and wearing a lanyard/tabard around a golf course for 4 hours with "I'm a crap golfer" on it is not my idea of fun, even on a non serious golf jolly.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No problem with a comedy lanyard, daft hat etc but not a fan of it including swear words as that can be offensive to others in the clubhouse and that can be uncomfortable. Really dislike the hen night t-shirts that so many seem to love and happily wear. Plenty of other options above that can be funny but not offensive.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We had a little trophy for such that we called the MASHIE Niblick trophy. In the cup of the trophy we placed a little grass divot.

The trophy was so called after a Hagar the Horrible cartoon strip in which Hagar was playing golf; and the divot added as a result of an 'incident' on the golf course.

In the first 'frame' of the strip - Hagar took a mighty swipe at the ball and there was an enormous explosion of earth and the cartoonist had added the work MASHIE!! in huge type-case. In the next 'frame' the ball was shown 'dribbling' off the tee - barely hit despite the massive effort - accompanied by the word 'niblick' in tiny case.

The turf in the cup came about as one of our fourball played such a shot and a big part of the divot landed on his head.

Last edited: