Woodhall Spa Final Thread

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Thanks Gary, top weekend in all departments, even the weather was great!

Only downside was my golf, shanksville with any iron above an 8.

Thanks to full_throttle for keeping our score respectable and playing partners pokerjoke and MadAdey on the Saturday, great laughs guys, and to cookelad and Nashy today, great golf guys.

That video of bunker shot of the year, looks like a scuffy top that ran up the slope to me? ;)

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another huge thanks to Gary for organising (and well done for winning!!). His golf was very tidy today and company was excellent today.

Thanks (and sorry) again to all those who endured some of my woeful efforts this weekend (Phil has already mentioned y'all above). And special thanks to Phil for putting up with the naff golf today and the snoring last night!

If anyone is playing the Hotchkin in the near future, would you mind collecting some of the toys that I threw out of my pram today!

Great weekend, looking forward to seeing many of the same and some of the other rabble up at Hillside next month!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
What a cracking weekend!!

Great company, both on and off the course. Huge big thank you to Gary & Glyn for putting on a superb outing, inc a very good hotel.

If anyone is playing the Hotchkin in the near future, would you mind collecting some of the toys that I threw out of my pram today!

Not sure anyone will be going that wide of the fairways Jim...;)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
What a cracking weekend!!

Great company, both on and off the course. Huge big thank you to Gary & Glyn for putting on a superb outing, inc a very good hotel.

Not sure anyone will be going that wide of the fairways Jim...;)

Would not be so sure of that, i am playing there on Friday with Fish, Rickg and my brother. My brother is more than capable of hitting it that wide

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yip, great couple of days golfing in glorious weather. Top draw organisation by Gary and Glynn. Thanks for all your hard work. As with all forum meets ive been at , there is great company and judging by todays scores some great golf too!!! Thanks to my parter Dave (2blue) and to James, Phil, Tony and Adey for the games.

Im going to have nightmares about those bunkers on the Hotchkin !!!

iand

Visit site
what a fantastic weekend ...my first with the forum.
big thanks to Gary for the all the organising.
cant wait now for another.
cheers guys

D

Deleted Member 1156

Safely back home in sunny(!) Bournemouth.

Would just like to reiterate what everyone has said about all the hard work put in by Gary and Glyn, absolute top effort guys. Having organised similar things in the past, I know how much hard work goes into making these events run smoothly.

Thanks to my playing partners Greg, Matt, Brian and Ian...thoroughly enjoyed your company. Brian must have holed a 100 yards of putts today!!

Finally, thanks to Merv for playing so well and winning me 6 shiny new Pro V's.......and yes, he did give me a towel and pitch repairer
:D

As always, great to put faces to names :thup:

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another great forum meet! Shame about the 2 that dropped out last minute, but at least it gave Nashy and me a head start in the bar after the first round!

Great company in Crow and Full_throttle today and the way we played the 12th will live long in the memory! (Sadly FT replaced the tee marker before I had chance to get my phone out for a pic!) Hopefully I'll be able to drag Nashy out for some more meets

Well done to Leftie for cutting more than half an hour off the satnav eta on the return journey!

:thup: for Gary and Glynn for doing the legwork!

Last edited:

Hooker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks to the organisers and all our playing partners, you know who you are.

We met some lovely people and my guest Chan, it was his first outing was very nervous playing with some very low handicappers.
Special thanks to all those who looked after him.

Sorry for hacking it around but we really enjoyed the course, hotel and my sirloin steak upgrade last night was worth waiting for!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks Gary for organising another Forum meet success, and also to Glyn (LQ) for the onsite finesse.

Fabulous weekend - shame about my golf though. I do have a valid excuse in that I am suffering from mid-lesson crisis so watch out later in the year at Cooden and Gainsborough :mmm::mmm:

Great company as always on and off the course and well done LIG, my partner for both days, for not saying what he must have thought of my golf and carrying me around.

Apologies to Cookelad for shaving half an hour off a 3 hour journey, but I was dying for a pee :rolleyes::rolleyes: Hope the therapy works.

I won't mention Jimbob's worst shot of the weekend - I'll just send him the dry cleaning bill. (don't ask, but involved a fit of pique, a scrunched napkin, a very poor shot, a glass of montepulciano, and an old man having to retire to the gents with staining around the crotch area of his trousers :eek: )

ibsmith04

Club Champion
Visit site
I would like to add my thanks to Gary for his organisation skills, and the superb weather.

It was great to meet up with you forummers, and I look forward to the next one.

A special mention must go to Rob2 for being the unluckiest player. After 5 holes he discovers that the head of his week old driver is falling off !!! This morning he find he has a puncture, he does at least have a spare but its one of those space saving thingys and he cannot drive above 40mph!!!!, and then just before the round he visits the gents, and his zip comes off in his hand !!!

Rob, I hope you found somewhere to fix your tyre, as it was going to be a VERY long drive otherwise.

Cheers

Ian

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
I would like to start by saying thanks for Gary for all the hard work sorting this out. I think we were very lucky with the weather and yesterday was pretty much perfect weather for golf.Nice to meet everyone and enjoyed the company and the courses. Nice pick up some prizes, and very pleased the shoulder held out for the weekend!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thx to Gaz and Glyn for organising and helping the weekend run smoothly.A big thx to my mate Madadey for your company on and off the course,some great laughs over the two days.God that bird was ugly.To our playing partners nick(crow)rob(full throttle) that water shot and the 18th will live long in the memory(you could have been a hero)won't mention Nicks 12 inch putt for the win:).To Andy(junior and Dave 2blue for there company on the Hotchkin.Some great golf played.Andy get in those bunkers and practice :).Really enjoyed all your company,and for me that's what makes these meets special.Have also met some new Forummers and put faces to names,I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.Im also now officially longer than Adey off the tee with a 3 wood.After his tee shot just went past the lady's tee.Really looking forward to Hillside and meeting some more.Pj

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well that went rather well. :)

Thanks to everyone that came for making the whole weekend very enjoyable. My guest commented on how well apparently different people all got on so well together. If he was wrong and you didn't get on well with anyone - thanks for hiding it and not fighting! :D

After the scary looking weather forecasts in the week or two leading up to it, we couldn't have asked for better. A little breezy at times but the rain held off. When the only complaint is the tops went off and on a lot because the sun kept going in and coming out again, then you've not done too bad!

I don't know if anyone noticed at the time, but yesterday I forgot my own rules for deciding ties and got 2nd and 3rd the wrong way round. :eek:
Thankfully the prizes were the same so no harm done.

The winners..... (hoping this displays ok...)

OverallBrackenHotchkinTotal
1stRegion3 & Guest443882
2ndcookelad & Nashy394180
3rddrive4show & Merv79404080
Nearest the pin
Brackenrickg
HotchkinNashy
Nearest the pin in 2
BrackenMerv79
HotchkinMerv79
Best Hotchkin Round
Lincoln Quaker & Guest42pts

The condition of the courses was very good, with just the greens being maybe just a couple of weeks from appearing their best, but that's the trade-off you make when you go on a winter deal. Overall for the price we paid I think it was fantastic value for money.

I'd be very interested to hear what they thought of the Hotchkin course from the guys that had never played it before. I wasn't overly impressed the first time I played it, but every time I go back I like it more and more.

Thanks to golfdub, his guest Andy, philly169 and jimbob.someroo for their company on the courses, and a special thanks to Glyn whose efforts both before and during the weekend made my life a heck of a lot easier. :thup:

Finally thank you all for the gift of the shirt, a lovely surprise. I was touched - and I don't mean in the hotel Saturday night! :eek:

:cheers:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would like to add my thanks to Gary for his organisation skills, and the superb weather.

It was great to meet up with you forummers, and I look forward to the next one.

A special mention must go to Rob2 for being the unluckiest player. After 5 holes he discovers that the head of his week old driver is falling off !!! This morning he find he has a puncture, he does at least have a spare but its one of those space saving thingys and he cannot drive above 40mph!!!!, and then just before the round he visits the gents, and his zip comes off in his hand !!!

Rob, I hope you found somewhere to fix your tyre, as it was going to be a VERY long drive otherwise.

Cheers

Ian

Is it a Taylormade Sldr? A friend of mine has one of these (about a month old and bought through a pro shop) and the crown has lifted from the rest of the club head.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought we'd snuck second but at the time I was eating that mammoth burger at the time so wasn't giving the scores my full attention and just assumed you knew what you were doing!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
arrived back in Sneckie at 10.30 last night after driving straight though and only stopping for Fuel.

Great week end and a big thank you to Gary and the gys for orgainsing a great weekend.

Also to all the guys i played with over the weekend and my poor partner RickG who had to put up with my poor golf over the weekend, but it was to be expected after starting a swing change.

:thup: