Woodhall Spa Final Thread

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
arrived back in Sneckie at 10.30 last night after driving straight though and only stopping for Fuel.

Great week end and a big thank you to Gary and the gys for orgainsing a great weekend.

Also to all the guys i played with over the weekend and my poor partner RickG who had to put up with my poor golf over the weekend, but it was to be expected after starting a swing change.

:thup:

It was good to meet you, and if a dedication prize was on offer you'd have took it with a 10hr drive each way to play 2 rounds of golf with a swing you're in the middle of rebuilding.

I just have to say though, the biggest disappointment of the weekend for me is that I now can't read your posts in my head in a Scottish accent! ;)

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Many thanks Gary & Glyn for organising such a fine meet on a remarkable course in excellent weather. It was good to meet so many guys from the more southerly regions as well as a fellow NE'er, Ian.... who I've PM'd... well at least I think its him, Leftie!!
Many thanks Andy for putting up with my crap efforts to support you, & also to Jimb/Phil, Tony & Adie for their company & back-woodsman's efforts in locating my drives & also ensuring I returned safely from the many bunkers visited...... 16, I counted.... unbelievably out in one every time:fore:...... my achievement of the weekend.:thup:

the hammer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Many thanks to Gary and Glyn great job. Thanks to Gordon and Andy for putting with some poor showings on Saturday, two good golfers and a pleasure to watch.
Thanks to ibsmith and Rob2 yesterday, enjoyed it.Hope you got sorted ok Rob.
Thanks to my partner hooper, we had a good laugh.

Good to put faces to names , couldn't believe how far some of you travelled.

Good laugh in the bar Saturday night, them last few peroni's got the better of me sunday afternoon though.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Thx to Gaz and Glyn for organising and helping the weekend run smoothly.A big thx to my mate Madadey for your company on and off the course,some great laughs over the two days.God that bird was ugly.To our playing partners nick(crow)rob(full throttle) that water shot and the 18th will live long in the memory(you could have been a hero)won't mention Nicks 12 inch putt for the win:).To Andy(junior and Dave 2blue for there company on the Hotchkin.Some great golf played.Andy get in those bunkers and practice :).Really enjoyed all your company,and for me that's what makes these meets special.Have also met some new Forummers and put faces to names,I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.Im also now officially longer than Adey off the tee with a 3 wood.After his tee shot just went past the lady's tee.Really looking forward to Hillside and meeting some more.Pj

Oi, I thought we agreed that you wouldn't mention that as long as I didn't mention your subsequent free putt to win the match that you left three feet short?

D

Deleted member 17920

Great weekend and good to meet so many new faces. What a good laugh and the weather was perfect, my arms are red raw as I didn't think I would need suncream for the day :eek:

Well done to Gary and Andy for a brilliant score on Saturday 44 points betterball of 3/4 was just excellent and well done for winning the event overall and a big well done to phil for carrying jimbob around Saturday after watching his tee shots all over the show to find out they had 41 points was unreal :rofl:

Highlight for me IBSmith on the 18th on the bracken, tee shot down the right into the trees, 2nd shot low punch hits the tree and flies back over his head nearly killing him and rob, 3rd shot straight over the tee straight on the flag, hits the hole and pitchmark is inside the cup and the ball stopped an inch away for a tap in par, unreal golf

Really enjoyed the weekend as I had my best round of the year and felt like I had got some form back as i had 4 birdies but the hotchkin soon brought me back down to earth this morning when I knocked in round in 30 points in a society game and 3 putted at least 5 times :angry:

iand

Visit site
2blue don't know if it was me you were supposed to pm, I am Ian (iand) member at cobble hall.

Hope this helps mate!!

Cheers

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
Thanks Gary for organising a fantastic weekend at such a great venue!

Thanks also to playing partners for the weekend, Greg, Matt, Brian and Ian, and special thanks to Gordon for chauffeuring me! :)

Looking forward to more forum meets in the future.

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Back online after a small hiccough with the broadband so firstly...

A BIG THANKS to Gary and Glyn for setting up such a glorious weekend down to the finest details, including the weather. Top Job! :thup:

Two cracking courses....except for the deep, greenside bunker on the Hotchkin 4th. That's a difficult one to get out of ...... if you're playing the 2nd! :eek:

Next, thanks to my venerable playing partner, and senior member of the forum, Leftie, for putting up with four hours of me on consecutive days. A medal may be in order. ;) Thanks also to rickg & patricks148 and LincolnQuaker & Chris for their company on Saturday and Sunday.

Rick - I think all those minstrels may have affected your swing on Saturday. :lol:
Patrick - forget lessons to rebuild your swing - all you need is to play a round with Glyn (LincolnQuaker) and your short, half-swing will be transformed into an "Els"-like thing of beauty! :ears:
Glyn - You were deffo "in the zone" yesterday... four birdies! :thup:

And I just have to mention Hooper (Matt) and his "Chicken" Carvery. :rofl:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2blue don't know if it was me you were supposed to pm, I am Ian (iand) member at cobble hall.

Hope this helps mate!!

Cheers

Thanks Ian, but no, it was Leftie... the Geordie & I've found him thanks.... will catch up with you around Leeds sometime I'm sure.... m or perhaps up at Hobbit's Wynyard in Sept... NE V Yarksur return match

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Neither did I!
:rofl:

Nor me! Isn't aftersun expensive!!!!

Forgot to mention a big thanks to Crow for the Chocolate Hob-Nobs on the 14th and 18th tees, were they off the shelf or custom fit, as I played my best golf of the weekend under the influence of at least 4 Hob-Nobs!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Back online after a small hiccough with the broadband so firstly...

A BIG THANKS to Gary and Glyn for setting up such a glorious weekend down to the finest details, including the weather. Top Job! :thup:

Two cracking courses....except for the deep, greenside bunker on the Hotchkin 4th. That's a difficult one to get out of ...... if you're playing the 2nd! :eek:

Next, thanks to my venerable playing partner, and senior member of the forum, Leftie, for putting up with four hours of me on consecutive days. A medal may be in order. ;) Thanks also to rickg & patricks148 and LincolnQuaker & Chris for their company on Saturday and Sunday.

Rick - I think all those minstrels may have affected your swing on Saturday. :lol:
Patrick - forget lessons to rebuild your swing - all you need is to play a round with Glyn (LincolnQuaker) and your short, half-swing will be transformed into an "Els"-like thing of beauty! :ears:
Glyn - You were deffo "in the zone" yesterday... four birdies! :thup:

And I just have to mention Hooper (Matt) and his "Chicken" Carvery. :rofl:

Minstrels, he kept that quite, i didn't even get offered one...!

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
a big well done to phil for carrying jimbob around Saturday after watching his tee shots all over the show to find out they had 41 points was unreal :rofl:

LOL @ this...

Saturday was a good day, Jimbo was a little bit slow to start but performed when he needed to. I think we were a pretty good mix as a pair. We were very lucky at the start as i shot 4 straight par's but my putting was on form and seemed to be going in from all angles and distances.

Sunday we weren't too bad, but both had a fair few holes where we both struggled, I think on the Hotchkin we both shared the course with 9 holes each.

Once he sorts out his new white taylormade driver he'll be on fire!