Women's Football

D

Deleted member 15344

Because the men never make mistakes do they?

There are “mistakes” and then there is clearly nowhere near good enough

All players make mistakes but you could have a week long compilation of Ladies GK’s - at most levels it’s just shoot on target and 9/10 it will go in because they are that poor. Just watch the highlights of the Scotland Cyprus game and 9 of those goals would have been saved by a pub GK

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Best Lino for me. Quite a few times players and pundits have tried to pull her up on things and I think every time it’s slowed down on telly, it’s proved that she was correct. Wasn’t she the one that the mouths Keys and Gray took the Micheal out of that cost them their jobs with Sky. Stand corrected if I am wrong

By some distance.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There are “mistakes” and then there is clearly nowhere near good enough

All players make mistakes but you could have a week long compilation of Ladies GK’s - at most levels it’s just shoot on target and 9/10 it will go in because they are that poor. Just watch the highlights of the Scotland Cyprus game and 9 of those goals would have been saved by a pub GK

I watched the whole game and the Cyprus goalie also made 3 or 4 good saves,
Her teams midfield and defense were woeful so I think you are placing the blame in the wrong area there.
But there again you just watched the highlights which I presume were all of the goals.
BTW the Scots team played well.

D

Deleted member 18588

I think equality comes when you can criticise female sport or commentators without folk shouting "sexist!"

But of course you have to be criticising performance, not gender!

I saw Sian Massey running the line in the Conference ages ago. It was immediately obvious she was miles better than the average official at that level.
Interpreting and applying the Laws of the game are completely different skills to the playing of it.

Also there should be no difference in that area between the two games.

Certainly don't think there should be any issue with women officials.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I occasionally watch the England women's team matches, generally they seem to be slightly less disappointing than the men's team! There are plenty of quality players, but overall it definitely suffers on goalkeeping. It might be impractical to bring in smaller goals, but it is a shame - the goalkeepers aren't necessarily bad, but when they're 5'9 playing in the same goals as 6'3 men's goalies, 50% of the long range goals aren't even in the top corner, they just float over the goalie's head. That does sometimes ruin it as a spectacle when any well-struck shot has a chance of going in the top of the net.

I think the best English player is Lucy Bronze, she is an incredible player. I'd take her at Spurs, ten times better than Aurier!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I occasionally watch the England women's team matches, generally they seem to be slightly less disappointing than the men's team! There are plenty of quality players, but overall it definitely suffers on goalkeeping. It might be impractical to bring in smaller goals, but it is a shame - the goalkeepers aren't necessarily bad, but when they're 5'9 playing in the same goals as 6'3 men's goalies, 50% of the long range goals aren't even in the top corner, they just float over the goalie's head. That does sometimes ruin it as a spectacle when any well-struck shot has a chance of going in the top of the net.

I think the best English player is Lucy Bronze, she is an incredible player. I'd take her at Spurs, ten times better than Aurier!
Maybe a slight rephrasing of your last sentence may be worthwhile;):unsure::whistle:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Best Lino for me. Quite a few times players and pundits have tried to pull her up on things and I think every time it’s slowed down on telly, it’s proved that she was correct. Wasn’t she the one that the mouths Keys and Gray took the Micheal out of that cost them their jobs with Sky. Stand corrected if I am wrong
There was more than one sexist comment they got caught making, but yes, it her that they said "woman linesman? Someone had better get down there and explain the offside rule."

sunshine

Visit site

Where exactly would you like to take her at spurs?

Anyway here she is in action:

sunshine

Visit site
I’ve played football on the adjacent pitch to Barnet women every week for the last ten years. It’s not a top tier side, they play in the championship.

But I’ll be honest: The Barnet women are rubbish. It’s not just the skill level, it’s the lack of fitness, awareness and movement.
The women’s game will always lack the speed and power of the men’s game, that’s ok to be different, but they are not as good as they could be because they don’t run around as much, it’s like pub football.