WITB and what's on the horizon?

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Works dragging, golf on the mind so it got me pondering about others.

What currently is your 14-club set-up thats in your bag?

Any upcoming plans to switch or replace certain clubs?

Pictures always welcomed for such threads.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Driver: GBB Epic - Nice big dent on the head from where I hit a hanging basket post during a practice swing. Tried the new F9 but no performance gain over the battered Epic so it remains for now...
3 wood - Cobra f7 - Just bought a Ping G off Ebay as cant stop the ball falling out of the air with the cobra
3 Hybrid - Ping G400 19 degree
Irons - 3-PW Callaway Apex (no 4 iron though)
Putter - TM Spider Tour Red
Wedges - Ping Glide, 47, 54, 60 - Maybe a change on the horizon - Maybe to a 58 rather than a 60 but who knows.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
As per signature. Will soon invest in a new set of wedges hopefully. Also, the 5 iron / 5 hybrid changes from round to round :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:. Definitely prefer having the 5 wood over a 3 hybrid. Much more confident with the 5W off the fairway.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i got an Xhot pro 20 deg hybrid earlier this week brand new, so swapped out my 18 deg and 3 iron, see how its goes with that club, can't remember the last time i used the 3 iron TBH

TM M2~1
JPX 850 3 wood
Callaway Xhot 2 pro 20 deg
MP4 4-PW
MP5 52 and 58
Scotty Cam Newport
irons.jpg

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Titleist TS3 10.5 degree
Titleist TS2 3 wood
Titleist 917 5 wood
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW
Vokey SM7 Limited Edition All Black 52, 55 and 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Nothing new on the horizon as everything bar the irons is only a few months old. Had been eyeing up some new irons until last weekend but hit the ball well enough to be reminded that it's almost always my fault rather than the clubs' when things go wrong.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As it stands:

Callaway Rogue Driver
Ping G20 4 wood
Titleist 818 Hybrid 21 degrees
Mizuno 919 Forged 4- GW
Cleveland RTX 3 Wedges 54 and 58 degrees
Scotty Cameron Futura X5

It might as well all be Fisher Price as my golf is so bad. Thinking of trading in my Mizzies while they hold value and going for the full Orka fit . It's my last hope !!!!

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Titleist TS3 10.5 degree
Titleist TS2 3 wood
Titleist 917 5 wood
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW
Vokey SM7 Limited Edition All Black 52, 55 and 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Nothing new on the horizon as everything bar the irons is only a few months old. Had been eyeing up some new irons until last weekend but hit the ball well enough to be reminded that it's almost always my fault rather than the clubs' when things go wrong.

I was tempted by the all blacks, have they been durable enough? I was worried and opted for the tour chrome.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
IMG_8826.jpg

I'll shamelessly plug mine in far too much detail.

- Titleist TS3 8.5d with Project X 6.5 T1100 Evenflow White
- Cobra F8+ 3 Wood with Aldila NV 2KXV Green X Flex
- Cobra F8 17d Hybrid with Aldila NV 2KXV Green X Flex
- Titleist 716 MB (4-9i) with KBS 130 C Taper X Flex
- Titliest Vokey SM6 46 (08 F Grind) DG TI X100 (Bent 1d weak)
- Titleist Vokey SM7 52 (12 F Grind) DG TI X100
- Titleist Vokey SM7 56 (14 F Grind) DG TI X100
- Titleist Vokey SM7 62 (08 M Grind) DG TI X100 (Bent 2d strong) gives it 06 Bounce
- Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1 Armlock Conversion

All clubs except putter fitted with MCC grips with 2 layers of tape.

Cobra's surprisingly were a recent purchase and I doubt I'll let them go, just lovely compact heads, low spin and launch just lovely.

MB's i'm playing really well with but i'm flirting with the idea of buying the limited release 680MB's as a set of heads are available to me as a friend got hold of 2 sets.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As per signature, but in more detail:

G30 SF Tec driver, been in the bag since Sept '18. Loft set higher at 11°. Love it, hit it much straighter than my old Taylor Made before. I'm sure there may be longer drivers out there, but happy with it for now.

G25 4 wood, and 20° & 23° hybrids. Got the 20° in Dec '18, really liked so I've added the other two since then. 23° was the most recent purchase, replaced my 5 iron which I can't hit.

Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron, it's over 20 years old I believe, it was acquired from forum member ArnoldArmChewer for nothing but a small charitable donation, about a year ago now. Used it as a driving iron last summer when old driver wasn't working, and I still use it for that purpose occasionally when I absolutely must hit the fairway.

Irons are Callaway Steelhead XR, had them 18 months now. Tried loads of irons at an AG 'fitting' and liked these the best, light shafts and plenty of forgiveness.

Cleveland RTX-3 50°, had this nearly two years now I think. Got an RTX 2.0 56° as well, which was added shortly after the above irons because there was no SW in the set. Also have a Dunlop DDH 60° which my mates found lying on a course and gave to me when nobody claimed it. I only use it to hack out of green side bunkers.

My putter is an Odyssey Versa Tank thing, I did a putter fitting way back in December '16, and this was the winner, making it the longest-serving club in the bag. Love the weight and feel, see no reason to ever replace it really.

For now, this is rare, but I don't actually have my eye on anything. You can see most of it was purchased in the last two years, as I went from bog standard starter kit (Slazenger) to slightly better stuff, then a bit of trial and error to find bits I really like. I think it will be a while before I replace anything, long term I'd like to maybe go for custom fit irons but that'll be when I've saved up the money, and hopefully brought the handicap down a bit too.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was tempted by the all blacks, have they been durable enough? I was worried and opted for the tour chrome.

I've been pleasantly surprised at how well they've kept their look so far. I would imagine there well be a bit of deterioration before too long but it shouldn't be anything that affects the playability.

The Fader

Visit site
Driver - Bridgestone J15 10.5*
Fairway - Bridgestone J15 15*
Hybrid - Bridgestone J15 21*
Hybrid - Cobra Baffler 26*
Irons - Bridgestone J36 5 - PW
Wedges - Nike V-Rev 50/10 54/12 58/06
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport Mallet

Bag very much settled. No new purchases planned.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Rogue Driver 9° set to 10° Evenflow Blue 6.0
V Series 3 wood Speeder 665 Stiff
Epic 3h 20° Recoil 780 Regular
Apex 5h 26° KuroKage Black 80 Regular
Legacy Black V 5-PW Dynamic Gold S200
MD4 50/10S Gap S200
MD4 54/14W Sand S200
MD2 58/14C Lob S300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #7 34"

Anything, everything or nothing may or may not change.
To me, Golf Clubs are like Women...the day you stop looking is the day you die:love:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bag as per signature, the only change on the horizon is the 3 wood. Have just purchased a Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood head. And I'm now on the look out for the right shaft for it, not many out there with the mizuno adaptor so having to build one for my first build project. Just getting all the pieces bought the now and will get to building when they arrive.

Next thing for me to look at after that is the driver, but that will probs be a next year job.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ping G driver
Ping G25 3 and 5 wood
Ping G 3H
Ping I irons 4-PW
Wedges - Ping gorge 52 and 58 degree
Odyssey Protype milled #9 putter

No changes planned although I am looking at the wedges. I do have the original Ping Glide model in 52 and 58 degrees but fallen out of love with them and could be tempted to upgrade the wedges soon

FAB90

Visit site
Driver - Cobra f8
3 wood - Wilson tour Rx
Hybrid - 19° Callaway X series
Irons - 3 - SW lynx black cats
Wedge - 60° vokey
Putter - masters mc-z310

Trying to work my way through the bag and replace all my old Wilson box set stuff! Looking at getting a new 3 wood next then maybe drop the 3 iron for another wedge.