Winter Practice Plans

mister v

Visit site
ive spent a lot more time on the range over this last month, working on trying to keep my wrist flat at the top of back swing, when i do it right it produces a lovely straight ball flight rather than the usual god knows where its going flight.
Im away at christmas to play some golf in the sun and im determined to have a game that lets me get round rather than hacking about.
My practice will be mainly range based working on driver, just need to produce a shot that i can aim into an area and keep in play, and keeping a consistant swing with my mid irons.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Bought an indoor Trackman membership at the club. £59 / month gives me an hour every day on the simulator (I won't use it every day, but...).
Practice makes permanent, so I will also be having lessons with my pro over the winter on the outdoor range too. Then practice in the warm some days and outdoors others.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
God knows. I've practiced more than ever this year and it's had zero effect on my scores. Just more of the same, driving range Tuesday, round of golf on Saturday or Sunday. Keep trying to work out how to stop slicing my driver.
Going by this first post I read that you have been working a long time on your driver swing ,and you’re still having problems.
Homer asked a very genuine question which I felt you dismissed,although you did say it was noted a post after.
It is imo a process of elimination so sometimes writing it down works, although I appreciate it doesn’t for everyone.
With so much info out there getting rid of a slice shouldn’t take long,maybe getting it to more manageable level.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Going by this first post I read that you have been working a long time on your driver swing ,and you’re still having problems.
Homer asked a very genuine question which I felt you dismissed,although you did say it was noted a post after.
It is imo a process of elimination so sometimes writing it down works, although I appreciate it doesn’t for everyone.
With so much info out there getting rid of a slice shouldn’t take long,maybe getting it to more manageable level.
It's only one or two big slices per round really, but my course is very punishing for it unfortunately, at least 5 holes are out of bounds or just plain dead if you go right, so each slice tends to cost me a couple of shots. There's not many holes I can get away with slicing one.

Another element to this is being a mid-handicapper, I often know exactly what to do but I simply can't do it correctly every time. I try and swing in-to-out, try not to open the face, and try not to hit it out of the heel. If I can do all three I generally hit a good drive. If I get one of them wrong I don't.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's only one or two big slices per round really, but my course is very punishing for it unfortunately, at least 5 holes are out of bounds or just plain dead if you go right, so each slice tends to cost me a couple of shots. There's not many holes I can get away with slicing one.

Another element to this is being a mid-handicapper, I often know exactly what to do but I simply can't do it correctly every time. I try and swing in-to-out, try not to open the face, and try not to hit it out of the heel. If I can do all three I generally hit a good drive. If I get one of them wrong I don't.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
All my plans go out the window in winter. Always intend to get to the course a couple of times a month but the weather seldom plays ball.