Winter membership

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Drive4show has already answered but just to add. You practice your swing, get your reps in, then take it to the course and see how it’s progressing.

Range work alone won't improve your golf.

Anyway hope your winter programme works well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Drive4show has already answered but just to add. You practice your swing, get your reps in, then take it to the course and see how it’s progressing.
Exactly how I see it. The range/practice ground is where you work on the technical side of things and make the changes to improve the consistency and then take it to the course and trust it and measure how the changes hold up under pressure. I am lucky that the pro I use for lessons is interested in my progress and so I can feed back what I am working on (and send the occasional video) and how that relates to the course and get some suggestions

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Exactly how I see it. The range/practice ground is where you work on the technical side of things and make the changes to improve the consistency and then take it to the course and trust it and measure how the changes hold up under pressure. I am lucky that the pro I use for lessons is interested in my progress and so I can feed back what I am working on (and send the occasional video) and how that relates to the course and get some suggestions

Hitting a golf ball is completely different to learning how to score.

Range work alone is pointless if you cannot measure it against scoring and playing ability.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Very few uploads on your YouTube channel this season. Times gone by you would have posted your practice sessions or course vlogs. I have to admit I have no interest in the par 3 championships. I'd much rather see how you are tackling getting to single figures which I think was the point of the channel when it started.