Winter Glove Reviews?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
they have new ones out, though the info is a bit sparse, none of the shops in sneck have the GG in stock.. £40 a pop... which is likley to bring the OP out in a cold sweat:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Admittedly mine are a few years old now, think they were a similar cost at the time but still in very good nick, and well worth it

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My mate actually got GG ones last year for £20 off Ebay I believe. Must have been a couple of seasons old to get them at that price.

While trying on the Cobra ones I did think they were a little bit thick, I think I may try the Callaways next as they look slightly slimmer on the pictures.
these ones with the leather palm are new, the ones they had before were the windstopper, these ones are supposed to be thermal and leather.. The UU looked quite similar and are half the price of the GG

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quite expensive, and not as much use if there's a trolley ban in place. Cheers for the suggestion though.

Sorry that should be UA Under Armour
Ah ok, I may have a look. I have a pair of 'cold gear' UA gloves from a couple of years ago, but the ones I have don't actually provide any warmth, they're more just rain grip ones I think. I just use the left one when it's raining to save my normal glove getting ruined. I'm pretty sure these are the ones I have. It says there they provide warmth but they didn't. I see they're on sale because UA have a new version out, which is probably the ones you mean. These?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Quite expensive, and not as much use if there's a trolley ban in place. Cheers for the suggestion though.

Ah ok, I may have a look. I have a pair of 'cold gear' UA gloves from a couple of years ago, but the ones I have don't actually provide any warmth, they're more just rain grip ones I think. I just use the left one when it's raining to save my normal glove getting ruined. I'm pretty sure these are the ones I have. It says there they provide warmth but they didn't. I see they're on sale because UA have a new version out, which is probably the ones you mean. These?
yep thats them

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Don't bother with the Callaways. Left hand was ripped by the 8th in the middle of the palm. Very unimpressed and they'll be going back! Shame as they were bloody comfy and quite warm to boot!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't bother with the Callaways. Left hand was ripped by the 8th in the middle of the palm. Very unimpressed and they'll be going back! Shame as they were bloody comfy and quite warm to boot!
Thanks for the feedback, I did read some other reviews on the Callaway ones which also said they were not the hardest wearing and not even that warm.

I decided to stick with what I know in the end and I've ordered the Footjoy Wintersof gloves. Can usually rely on FJ.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have tried various gloves then on the advice from someone on here I bought a Peacock Pocket warmer, have been using it for 3 years and it's still going strong.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have tried various gloves then on the advice from someone on here I bought a Peacock Pocket warmer, have been using it for 3 years and it's still going strong.
If the FJ gloves don't work I'll have to start scouring the market for something like that.