Wilsonstaff DX3 uerathane Update!!!

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just thought it give an update on these as a couple of weeks ago I had asked for anyone who uses them to give a little input.

I bought a dozen Friday to see what the consensus was.
Driving: Very little side to side movement and very stable in the wind with very good distance.

Irons: now the fact their a Urethane cover has it's advantages. I wouldn't say that have similar spin characteristics as a Tour ball but at a little over half the price that have plenty for the club folder.

Long irons come in and on hard greens today were no more than a foot or two in front of their pitchmarks. Exactly what you want.

Wedges and short irons: subject to strike I had an 8 iron back up about 6 feet twice this morning.
Higher lofted wedges were drop and stop.

Putting: their not DX2 soft.. Id probably compare them to may be a Srixon Z Star or mabe even a peoV1. Theres just enough hardness in them to feel them leave the putter face.

Their not a ball that you'll use if you play for a bit of runout. You won't get it.
Not are they a ball that you'll be sending 5 yards past pins to get them to throw the brakes on and back up.

But if like me you want them to stop on the distance that you club,then their worth every bit of the money you pay for them.
If your a ProV1 user do yourself a favour and buy a sleeve of these.
You won't be disappointed...

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I been looking for a cheaper alternative to a pro v1 been using ad333 tours lately and find them good they don't quite have the stopping power of the pro v1 but they still check up nicely .

Steve H

Hacker
Visit site
I bought some 333 Tours, hated them. I used and still do, at times, the Z Star but have been using the TM Tour Preferred recently.

I had a sleeve of DX2's yesterday and on the last hole, used one from the drop zone (in the water the TM went!) 135 yards to the pin, wind against and a good 1 1/2 club wind too, 7 iron (normally a 145 club for me)..it flew the green into the back bunker and felt so soft off the face. I still got 2 points (bogey 5).

I must admit, I do like the look and the write up's about the DX3...might buy a dozen or so.