Wilson entering premium golf ball market?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think Faldo used Wilson clubs during his first Masters win (at least) and Padraig also did I think. At least he does now in his YouTube videos

Wilson always was (is?) THE brand in tennis as was Slazenger in their day.
Funny how perceptions of brands can change over the years and across sports eg I would have never bought any Nike golf equipment..despite that some say it was good
I decided to play Bridgestone balls because in my head, as primarily a huge rubber company, i convinced myself it ‘should’ have far greater R+D spend than other golf firms

Whether this is true or not I have no idea...but I now like the Bridgestone balls enough to continue with them

The Wilson company back then is not the same company as is now.

The new company continued to make good clubs though and Harrington still plays them.

I used to play the Bridgestone but when I ran out of them last year I could not stand the feel of 2019 ball in comparison played a 330RXS for 5 holes and the rest of the boxes have set on the shelf ever since.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
FG Tours are pretty much my favourite ball, I just can’t afford them.

I think I started using FG Tours around 2011, not long after they came out. Shot some of my best ever rounds with them.