Dunlop DP1 V3 Ball ....Your Pro V1 Alternative...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I will certainly give them a try. Currently using Inesis Long and Soft balls at £9.99 per dozen so not worried about trying an unheralded brand

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Srixon balls are from Dunlop - I recently noticed that the sleeve of Srixon Distance balls I opened had Dunlop details on. I'm tempted to try this Dunlop V3 ball... may have a little looky online!

jak kez 187

Head Pro
Visit site
Also used the Version 1, great ball, got them for 10 quid a dozen and cant complain.

No harm in getting a box and trying them out at that price, the doubters will be very surprised.

Brian_C

Club Champion
www.briancurranphotography.com
Dunlop do indeed have a bit of an image problem. How they're gonna sort it out I dunno, but having the same driver on the SD website at two differant prices of £60 and £150 doesn't help - they maybe differant, if os, I cann't tell. They seem to have two differant "premium" lines in DP1 and NZ9, but I dunno which is the more premium of the two.
I reckon if their DP1 V3 balls could be used by a couple of Tour Pro's (even if using a Pro's favoured ball brand relabelled with Dunlop DP1). Also, getting a couple of Pro's to use there clubs. I know some South African pro used NZ9's for a time. Dunno if he's using them this year thou.

Just ordered myself some DP1V3's on the strenght of this thread.

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
i used these balls today and they are really good soft. spin like a pro v1 and give a bit more distance to. i played x2 balls pro v1x and dunlop and the dunlop was much better ball in my opinion. Feel off the putter was very nice to. 100% going to uses these for a while pro v1x feel like a stone compared to them

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have just ordered a couple of dozen Pro v's from Clubhouse golf, they are logo overruns so might be playing with a Bentley or a bankers ball, but genuine new pro v's at £25 per dozen so who cares.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
O
Think I'll stick to Srixon Soft Feel from Fat Mike Ashley's at £14 per dozen. Seem better value and I love the feel, distance I get from them.

Change of heart since getting some DP1 V3's for Christmas.
They're a great ball, better than the Srixon soft feel. Great feel off all clubs and I've had spin on the greens. A real Pro V ball at a fraction of the cost.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Noticed these are £16 a doz from sports direct at the minute.
I used Srixon last year as I managed to get AD333 tours for £20 a doz.
would anyone recommend bulk buying the dunlops as my main ball? 3 piece urethan at £16 seems fairly good to me?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Noticed these are £16 a doz from sports direct at the minute.
I used Srixon last year as I managed to get AD333 tours for £20 a doz.
would anyone recommend bulk buying the dunlops as my main ball? 3 piece urethan at £16 seems fairly good to me?

Someone in our society who plays off 4 switched to these about 2 years ago now. Swears by them

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have used these balls, and did find them nice to hit (in the days when I used to find the middle a bit more!). However, I'm a cynical old fool, and wonder how they can be on a par with a Pro V for the price? Unless, that is, Titleist have been taking us for a merry old ride all these years...........

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I have used these balls, and did find them nice to hit (in the days when I used to find the middle a bit more!). However, I'm a cynical old fool, and wonder how they can be on a par with a Pro V for the price? Unless, that is, Titleist have been taking us for a merry old ride all these years...........

I think Vice, amongst others, have shown us that it's possible to provide a ball of similar or equal quality for a considerably cheaper price if you don't have the expense of pro endorsements and a heavy advertising programme. Benross have shown you can do the same with clubs.

Taking us for a merry old ride may be a bit strong; I think it's just two different marketing strategies & which one you buy into.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Acushnet have always taken customer loyalty for granted ie simply buying on the name Titleist. Their more 'properly' priced balls are sold as the Pinnacle brand.

Unless something changed that was not reported it is worth remembering that every Prov1 sold includes something like a £1 patent fee to Bridgestone as part of the agreed settlement for patent infringements.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember I wanted to give one a try (could not be bothered to buy a box). I found one. Next time out first hole semi top and straight in to the river.

I hade noted that they had gone up to £25 in the local store but I paid less than that for Bridgestone B330RXS (older model)

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Yep last year they were selling these for £12 a dozen now twice that instore. At £25 a dozen there are better choices out there.