Wilson DX2 Soft balls

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
They have a very different feel to the velocity.

Loads of threads on that ball alone, most on the forum are fans.

Only you can decide if you like the feel of a ball, and whether it (seems) to work for you.

I say seems, as you need a launch monitor to know the real data.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have a few, but never really tried them. Then at a lesson the range had monitors, threw some old balls down and this ball was 15 yards longer than my normal DX3 urethane or Srixon AD333.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Personally, I couldn’t putt with them, too soft off of the putter face for me.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a dozen of them in orange for frosty mornings, they take a bit of getting used to as they have a very muted feel off of the club face, I have hit several that felt like mis-hits but went really well, as has been said they are surprisingly long, personally I don't have a problem putting with them but I can understand those that do.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Feel like hitting a pudding (opposite end of the spectrum to velocities!)... but performance wise they're OK but don't spin much around the greens but then at that price point they wouldn't

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
I bought 3 dozen of the DX2 Optix on the 3 from 2 from clubhouse golf. Decent off the tee and with irons but found I underhit quite a few putts. Should be something that I could correct though

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I really like them, then again I like the soft spongy feel off the putter. Hate anything harder than margarine. Distance wise not different to anything else except rocks.

I love the red coloured ones

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My kids gave me some but with frost recently I have not tried them yet as they are white. I prefer a yellow ball for frost and I had found an AVX. Now that has proved very resilient to getting lost. Consequently, I have played ten rounds with it. I have enjoyed using the AVX.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
personally i don't like them, but just managed to get a couple of boxes of the New Wilson Duo, will be trying these put the next few weeks.

been using a callaway supersoft the last couple of months and that has proved great in winter, ball as been going summer distances with irons, compared to my usual ball in colder conditions. they don't stop on firm greens but at this time of year a rock will spin, esp of a mat. Callaway feels very soft of the putter, and takes some getting used to for pace.

Will report back on the new wilson once ive had a few games with them

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
personally i don't like them, but just managed to get a couple of boxes of the New Wilson Duo, will be trying these put the next few weeks.

been using a callaway supersoft the last couple of months and that has proved great in winter, ball as been going summer distances with irons, compared to my usual ball in colder conditions. they don't stop on firm greens but at this time of year a rock will spin, esp of a mat. Callaway feels very soft of the putter, and takes some getting used to for pace.

Will report back on the new wilson once ive had a few games with them
Isn't that just the yank name for the same ball? Or are you on about the Duo Professional?

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My kids gave me some but with frost recently I have not tried them yet as they are white. I prefer a yellow ball for frost and I had found an AVX. Now that has proved very resilient to getting lost. Consequently, I have played ten rounds with it. I have enjoyed using the AVX.
I really liked the AVX. Will give them another go in the better weather. Pricey though so if I have to buy any I might go with the Project A from TM which I also really liked

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I really liked the AVX. Will give them another go in the better weather. Pricey though so if I have to buy any I might go with the Project A from TM which I also really liked
its a good ball but almost the same price as a prov1 and as i have hundreds of those i don't see the point in buying them.