WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

Swango1980

Visit site
V1 users should note that at present you cannot allocate CDH No to new members today (12 May), a fix is in the pipeline for tonight.
I think this problem still exists. Just tried to click:

"Add handicap record" - "This is a new member who does not have a CDH ID yet. Choose this step to assign an ID"

If I do this, it just stays on the same scree, and a yellow warning comes up at top saying "The primary handicap record for this person does not exist"

Is this the issue you mean? I wonder, when these guys make changes to the software, do they not do some basic alpha testing, like doing the very common tasks such as adding a new member?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think this problem still exists. Just tried to click:

"Add handicap record" - "This is a new member who does not have a CDH ID yet. Choose this step to assign an ID"

If I do this, it just stays on the same scree, and a yellow warning comes up at top saying "The primary handicap record for this person does not exist"

Is this the issue you mean? I wonder, when these guys make changes to the software, do they not do some basic alpha testing, like doing the very common tasks such as adding a new member?
That's the one. Contacted Drew on chat and he sorted it.

Swango1980

Visit site
Why don't you use the WHS portal?
If I get desperate, I will. He has only submitted 1 card, so there is no urgency. If it was to get to the point where he had submitted 3 cards and wanted his handicap, then I would go direct to WHS. However, I'd then be worried I'd set it up there and then Club V1 would struggle to link to it based on another bug that may or may not exist. I like to keep as consistent as possible in the way I do things, rather than flip back and forth between platforms based on whichever one works at the time.

Swango1980

Visit site
Cant you use WHS Dashboard then sync the details over to ClubV1, or is the Sync button inactive right now as well?
See my previous post.

However, in another issue, a Senior members score from yesterday did not go through to WHS. However, this was because he was an Away member, and on WHS not linked to our club. So, I added him as a member on WHS and added in his email address and DOB. However, the score still does not sync from Club V1 to WHS. If I click on Re-try to submit to CDH, it still does not.

Now, I am not sure why this is, however it was a stableford comp and he had zero's for the entire back 9. I assume Club V1 cannot automatically detect he only played 9 and therefore assumes his score cannot count for handicap. I'd have thought the assumption from the tech would be he simply blobbed every hole on the back 9.

IanMcC

Visit site
See my previous post.

However, in another issue, a Senior members score from yesterday did not go through to WHS. However, this was because he was an Away member, and on WHS not linked to our club. So, I added him as a member on WHS and added in his email address and DOB. However, the score still does not sync from Club V1 to WHS. If I click on Re-try to submit to CDH, it still does not.

Now, I am not sure why this is, however it was a stableford comp and he had zero's for the entire back 9. I assume Club V1 cannot automatically detect he only played 9 and therefore assumes his score cannot count for handicap. I'd have thought the assumption from the tech would be he simply blobbed every hole on the back 9.
I would add his score to WHS then sync it across, and try not to lose any sleep over it. There is a DNP button on ClubV1, so the software should pick up the difference between a '0' and a 'DNP', which I believe comes up as a * on WHS. If it doesn't, then its just another glitch, but not a serious one, so long as we use the daily card entry count to check all scores have went across.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure if I've missed that. Have you got a link?
Sorry, missed your response. It was from the EG General Meeting in April 2021 - Q&A session.

Q. Can I put in a WHS query? – Club Systems Scoring App - This app a) does not allow for a time lag between sign in and score entry so the two things can be done simultaneously which is not in line with Rules of Handicapping. b) requires a marker to be named but the marker’s name does not appear in the club’s records, so we have no recourse to this person.
A. We are aware of this and we are working with the other home unions to bring this to their attention and request additional safeguards are put in place.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm afraid the question of handicap differences in 4BBB is causing ructions in my club. Although the words in Rule 6 and Appendix C seemed clear to me I can see why others have a different understanding.
So, is 90% applied to each player's CH first and then the difference between individual PHs from the lowest established or
is the difference between the individual CHs from the lower established first and then 90% applied to the difference between CHs?

IanMcC

Visit site
I'm afraid the question of handicap differences in 4BBB is causing ructions in my club. Although the words in Rule 6 and Appendix C seemed clear to me I can see why others have a different understanding.
So, is 90% applied to each player's CH first and then the difference between individual PHs from the lowest established or
is the difference between the individual CHs from the lower established first and then 90% applied to the difference between CHs?
Wales Golf sent me an explanation, clearly stating it was 90% CH then full difference. I will try and hunt it out.

IanMcC

Visit site
This is a copy of what Wales Golf sent me.

•Player A and Player B are playing Player C and Player D in 4 ball match play on the red tees with the 119 slope rating
•Player A: Course Handicap = 11
•Player B: Course Handicap = 2
•Player C: Course Handicap = 21
•Player D: Course Handicap = 15

•They all then need to apply the 90% allowance leaving their playing handicaps for that event on the day as.
•Player A: Playing Handicap = 10
•Player B: Playing Handicap = 2
•Player C: Playing Handicap = 19
•Player D: Playing Handicap = 14

•The shots received by each player would then be
•Player A: Strokes received = 8
•Player B: Strokes received = 0
•Player C: Strokes received = 17
•Player D: Strokes received = 12

IanMcC

Visit site
I know they are talking about dual tee comps, but the explanation of Match play pairs on page 42 of the Guidance document also backs up this method.

Swango1980

Visit site
Surely the Table in C/2, along with Example 2 underneath make it clear that you take 90% FIRST, then the difference?

Swango1980

Visit site
1620984120647.png