WHS issue

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
New world handicap in Argentina started in January. The early months of implementing the system were a real mess for clubs and the golf association.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
And allows 'your lot' to do naff-all about the 'loadsa' glitches and perhaps even say that the change 'went smoothly'!
Who do you mean by 'your lot'?
I am one of the many suffering all the issues, being the 'Rules & Handicapping' member on our Competitions Committee.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Who do you mean by 'your lot'?
I am one of the many suffering all the issues, being the 'Rules & Handicapping' member on our Competitions Committee.
I thought you were more closeky linked to Congu (the 'your lot')++. Apologies (and withdrawal of comment) if that's not the case.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought you were more closeky linked to Congu (the 'your lot')++. Apologies (and withdrawal of comment) if that's not the case.
I do have contacts but I'm not formally associated with with CONGU.
I'm a County Handicap Advisor so will really start to feel the flack when everyone starts to see their new handicaps. Virtually all of whom have no idea that they will change on Monday.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I do have contacts but I'm not formally associated with with CONGU.
I'm a County Handicap Advisor so will really start to feel the flack when everyone starts to see their new handicaps. Virtually all of whom have no idea that they will change on Monday.
You have my sympathy then! Time to create, if you've not already done so, a checklist/document of potential/likely queries/replies? Should be able to use this/these threads to identify and or cover most of them.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
A good one to start with. A member of my club has only put three scores in. All in 2018. Two comps and a supplementary.
His handicap went. - from Jan 1 2018
HBF 8.4, comp 8.5, comp 7.5, supp 7.6.

WHS 1.3 !!!!

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Yep similar profile - 10.1 to 1.2

I don't know whether to laugh or cry for those that fret about their handicap with this sort of thing going on.
For some while I've begun to think this whole whs thing is for the empire builders, and what it gains over the old system isn't really worth the candle. ?
Whatever they give me handicapwise will be OK.
If I had to, I'd be just as happy playing without a handicap. Other sports manage it.?

D

Deleted member 25172

A good one to start with. A member of my club has only put three scores in. All in 2018. Two comps and a supplementary.

WHS 1.3 !!!!

If he has put in 3 cards since 2018, is he really that fussed about his handicap then? Of course it's a ball ache, but if he's playing regularly wouldn't it be a fairly "quick" fix to get him to a more accurate handicap?

Having said that, understand that the handicap committees are in for a hard time.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If he has put in 3 cards since 2018, is he really that fussed about his handicap then? Of course it's a ball ache, but if he's playing regularly wouldn't it be a fairly "quick" fix to get him to a more accurate handicap?

Having said that, understand that the handicap committees are in for a hard time.
He wasn't complaining just making a comment.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

WHS 1.3 !!!!

It just goes to highlight the volatility of the system when a player only has a small number of scores in his record. If he throws in a poor round for his next score then his index will be his best differential, less 1 stroke....so he will shoot straight back up to 2.3

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Handicap is 11.9 on v1 and 9.8 on England golf. Anyone know which one is right?

The England golf one should be correct.
I have checked this morning and my England Golf , HDID and Club V1 have all synced now and are reading the same. Yesterday there were 3 different handicaps.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
dreadful move over, one score I'd except

Try having moved clubs had a whs with club info now turned into undecided home club the fix is add new cdh number and add 20 rounds to system JOKE !

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
dreadful move over, one score I'd except

Try having moved clubs had a whs with club info now turned into undecided home club the fix is add new cdh number and add 20 rounds to system JOKE !

Not sure where you got the idea that the fix was to add new cdh number, the fix is for your old club to release you off their system so the new club can add you correctly to theirs.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Not sure where you got the idea that the fix was to add new cdh number, the fix is for your old club to release you off their system so the new club can add you correctly to theirs.

direct from EG Old Skier, old club released my cdh and info on whs, new club cannot see my cdh any longer - England golf Mr Chris gave this as only option. CDH system I'm told by EG is not longer in existence which sums up the move #JOKE

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
direct from EG Old Skier, old club released my cdh and info on whs, new club cannot see my cdh any longer - England golf Mr Chris gave this as only option. CDH system I'm told by EG is not longer in existence which sums up the move #JOKE
Strange, as I can still use my systems lookup facility and gather info using CDH No. I understand that info will no longer go too or use the system but I understood that CDH/members numbers are still relevant in a limited way.

You live and learn.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

CDH can still be accessed...just nothing new is being uploaded to it. England Golf have expressly said that it will remain open for some time to enable club officials to manually extract old data (e.g. missing scores) from it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

as per Old skier

The main use is to log in to your account on England Golf, it is your user name.