WHS issue

Ssshank

Visit site
All of my scores inputted into the system are correct bar one.

My best round has not been used as my adjusted gross has been listed as 141 off the wrong tees. Even though I shot 1 under gross.

Are these errors frequent and are they likely to be amended automatically or should I contact my handicap committee? cheers.

Ssshank

Visit site
Have you looked at you handicap record on your home club to ascertain which is incorrect?

It's the last card to be used for handicap purposes.

The date is correct as it is the same as the one listed on my handicap record. Other than that all other info displayed for that round is incorrect on WHS.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Your handicap committee can correct the WHS England Golf Platform if it's wrong.

Hopefully a rare occurance or we will be very busy next week.

Ssshank

Visit site
Your handicap committee can correct the WHS England Golf Platform if it's wrong.

I think a fair amount of errors will have cropped up, based on what I've seen. I may stay quiet as I don't want another reduction to my index ;)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think a fair amount of errors will have cropped up, based on what I've seen. I may stay quiet as I don't want another reduction to my index ;)
Remember your Course Handicap may take you to your current CONGU handicap or even higher.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
All of my scores inputted into the system are correct bar one.

My best round has not been used as my adjusted gross has been listed as 141 off the wrong tees. Even though I shot 1 under gross.

Are these errors frequent and are they likely to be amended automatically or should I contact my handicap committee? cheers.

Same here. My second best score is omitted, so the indicative handicap is higher than it should be.

Ssshank

Visit site
Same here. My second best score is omitted, so the indicative handicap is higher than it should be.

Hopefully, it's just some initial teething issues and it'll be fixed for the actual launch.

I can't understand how my handicap has dropped given that two years ago my scores we far better, I doubt I'll be winning many comps from here on in.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

From the looks of things we are going to be busy adding in missing scores of around 40 golfers who have submitted cards for initial handicap this summer who haven't had their three cards included in their scoring record.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hopefully, it's just some initial teething issues and it'll be fixed for the actual launch.

I can't understand how my handicap has dropped given that two years ago my scores we far better, I doubt I'll be winning many comps from here on in.

Remember that the Handicap Index is the handicap with the degree of difficulty stripped away, a sort of universal base handicap, but your course handicap will likely be higher if slope is higher than 113, because that puts back the course element.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It's probably related to how 'streaky' your scores are.
If you play really well often enough but otherwise play poorly-ish, WHS will likely give you a lower HI from its sample of 8 than Congu - especially if you are Cat 2 (where the Congu reduction is less than higher). And if you are a consistent Cat 1 but miss buffer occasionally, Congu punishes you whereas WHS may not include those scores in the 8.

Ssshank

Visit site
It's probably related to how 'streaky' your scores are.
If you play really well often enough but otherwise play poorly-ish, WHS will likely give you a lower HI from its sample of 8 than Congu - especially if you are Cat 2 (where the Congu reduction is less than higher). And if you are a consistent Cat 1 but miss buffer occasionally, Congu punishes you whereas WHS may not include those scores in the 8.

My scoring now is grouped far better, I suppose back then I did have some low rounds where the CSS was +2 also.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Seeing some guys in my club getting worked up a bit over the calculation of their HI, and then their resulting CH and PH for any particular comp, I am feeling very chilled as I have decided to not bother about investigating my HI - it'll be what it'll be :) As will my CH for my own track - and as I rarely 'play way' and almost certainly won't do so until spring - that'll do just fine for me. And I'll sort out by PH for the winter comps when I have to...:)

My sincerest sympathies go out to all Handicap Secs on here who will have to understand all of this as they will have to deal with questions and grumbles from the the likes of my mates :)

Ssshank

Visit site
Remember that the Handicap Index is the handicap with the degree of difficulty stripped away, a sort of universal base handicap, but your course handicap will likely be higher if slope is higher than 113, because that puts back the course element.

That's true. However, the lower the handicap the less of an impact the above will have.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Seeing some guys in my club getting worked up a bit over the calculation of their HI, and then their resulting CH and PH for any particular comp, I am feeling very chilled as I have decided to not bother about investigating my HI - it'll be what it'll be :) As will my CH for my own track - and as I rarely 'play way' and almost certainly won't do so until spring - that'll do just fine for me. And I'll sort out by PH for the winter comps when I have to...:)

My sincerest sympathies go out to all Handicap Secs on here who will have to understand all of this as they will have to deal with questions and grumbles from the the likes of my mates :)
You should still check that all/only the relevant results have been included. Otherwise it will likely be wrong, at least initially.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You should still check that all/only the relevant results have been included. Otherwise it will likely be wrong, at least initially.
To be honest I not bothered as long as I have a home course CH of roughly what I am currently on. I had a look a few days ago and it was ‘estimating’ 8.4. As my current CONGU handicap is 8.6 I’m OK with 8.4 (gives me a home course CH of about 9.2). Indeed I am not sure if I’d be bothered even if I found myself with a home course CH of about 7 or about 11 ? Whatever it starts at it won’t take that long for it to get to where it should be for my golf.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be honest I not bothered as long as I have a home course CH of roughly what I am currently on. I had a look a few days ago and it was ‘estimating’ 8.4. As my current CONGU handicap is 8.6 I’m OK with 8.4 (gives me a home course CH of about 9.2). Indeed I am not sure if I’d be bothered even if I found myself with a home course CH of about 7 or about 11 ? Whatever it starts at it won’t take that long for it to get to where it should be for my golf.
A sensible pragmatic approach.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
:) I've got enough life-challenges ongoing at the moment without me fretting about something that, for me, is a marginal thing - and in fact an irrelevance in the great scheme of things. Whatever my HI is - it'll sort itself out over the 'off-season' months.

But I most certainly do have sympathy for club H/C Secs and the like...as they have to bother about WHS as they will no doubt be bothered incessantly about it by others.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
And allows 'your lot' to do naff-all about the 'loadsa' glitches and perhaps even say that the change 'went smoothly'!

It'll take quite a while (6 months +), imo, for it to really settle, simply because of the timing - some/many folk stick their clubs in a cupboard for Winter!