WHS doesn't work

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s designed to stop bandits.
But catches genuine golfers having a good day.
Bandits gonna bandit whatever you do! Honestly I've just heard about this and I think it's absolute lunacy. It made sense to me if the whole card was filled out for both players (the downside of that would mean putting out though when unnecessary for the match though).

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bandits gonna bandit whatever you do! Honestly I've just heard about this and I think it's absolute lunacy. It made sense to me if the whole card was filled out for both players (the downside of that would mean putting out though when unnecessary for the match though).
It’s for bandits that don’t put cards in then clean up in 4bbb .
Crazy imo.

D-S

Visit site
I could be wrong of course... :unsure:
You are right. However, the computer system is up the spout at the moment so I wouldn’t trust the score that actually goes on to your partner’s record until at least the middle of next week. There is a glitch between your clubs comp software and EG’s handicap software that is supposedly being fixed by Monday evening. Time will tell.
It would have been a lot easier if EG had suspended 4BB acceptable scores from the moment they knew about this a couple of weeks ago until they fixed it, but, as it is, a lot of people will be playing off potentially incorrect handicaps in the meantime.

Tractor Wheal

Visit site
Played in a 4BBB Stableford today, me and my partner scored 44 points.

If I'm reading the new WHS instructions correctly, if one or both of us scores on 9 holes or more then we can potentially be cut.

My partner scored on 10 and I scored on 8 so does that mean only he can be cut?

I ask as while he scored 21 points on 10 holes, I scored 23 points on 8 holes, seems a bit of a failing if he gets cut and I don't.
Unless your partner has a CH over 30 I would be surprised if he received a SD for this.
My rationale is the most he gets added to from your scores is 8 * 1.5, so 21 + 12 = 33.
Roughly (or perhaps exactly) the other 15% of the 85% are added back. It's only more than 36 points that gets an SD.

Interested to know what actually happens.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But that's mental. :LOL: When they said 4BBB scores can count I assumed that it meant if the whole or majority of the scorecard was actually filled in for that player. i.e. you record their score for each hole not just the holes where they've scored for the team.
Statistically, it is robust. But against the instinct and beyond the non statistician foitsoldier golfer to understand. This is WHS,s major failing. It does indeed, seem, crazy. Even if it insnt, if you seem crazy, you may as well be crazy, so have no credibility.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It’s a poor system imo.
So many things about it just don’t seem right.
Similar comment. Dont seem right. But are. Thus no trust of confidence.
Get back point one. Get cut for proportional to shots better than CSS. People understood that. WHS, too convoluted to waste time understanding = system failure.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Both players should have whatever the score is added to their record. Saves a lot of confusion.