Who's Going To Win The Open?

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Didn't really fancy anyone in particular this week so have covered a few bases with small bets, normally opposite of my approach.

Most fancied is Rahm, but also took JT as 33/1 is huge on him at a major. Few more I like dotted down the list, including Lowry, Van Rooyen, Knox and Macintyre

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn't really fancy anyone in particular this week so have covered a few bases with small bets, normally opposite of my approach.

Most fancied is Rahm, but also took JT as 33/1 is huge on him at a major. Few more I like dotted down the list, including Lowry, Van Rooyen, Knox and Macintyre

I backed Van Rooyen, been playing really well lately. Got Lowry too in a 4 player top 40 finish type of bet.

Wolf

Visit site
I had a few cheeky ones in the end I've got Noren, Scahuffele and Lowry going well so far but a long way to go yet. Also got Stenson, Weisberger, Brooks and HappyBarnRat😉

Oh and thanks to @Papas1982 I took the Rory to miss the cut at 6/1 looking a good shout so far.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I had a few cheeky ones in the end I've got Noren, Scahuffele and Lowry going well so far but a long way to go yet. Also got Stenson, Weisberger, Brooks and HappyBarnRat😉

Oh and thanks to @Papas1982 I took the Rory to miss the cut at 6/1 looking a good shout so far.
You’re welcome 😉🤑🤑

Wolf

Visit site
You’re welcome 😉🤑🤑
Muchos gracias my friend that was a n easy £120 in the bank, will put that to good use in the coming weeks. Now for a couple others to come in and that's the spending money for our little Italian adventure after the wedding sorted.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Muchos gracias my friend that was a n easy £120 in the bank, will put that to good use in the coming weeks. Now for a couple others to come in and that's the spending money for our little Italian adventure after the wedding sorted.

Xander, Berrergard and Willet are my hopes.

Gutted I swerved the top 2.
My mate at work has em both after I convinced him they were value. Albeit he has only paid £4 in to ew bets.

Wolf

Visit site
Just checked my online account against leaderboard. In the hunt for money I've still got Lowry, Rahm, Xander, Brooks, Noren and Stenson.

Also had 2 cheeky outside punts on Aphinbarnrat at 250/1, and Els at 400/1 of they get a top 10 it's still a decent payout.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Pretty good start for me, Lowry, Speith, Van Rooyen and Rahm all in contention. Also picked up Bobby Mac at 400/1 so a strong weekend from him would be good!

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
@Papas1982 @Wolf you mentioned in the other thread liking Spieth (as I do a lot) - how the hell did you turn down 40/1 on him?! Regardless of his struggles that was a massive price for me. I think he will always have a shot at Masters and Open.

Mind you, he's in an awful amount of credit with me after I went all in on him at Birkdale.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
@Papas1982 @Wolf you mentioned in the other thread liking Spieth (as I do a lot) - how the hell did you turn down 40/1 on him?! Regardless of his struggles that was a massive price for me. I think he will always have a shot at Masters and Open.

Mind you, he's in an awful amount of credit with me after I went all in on him at Birkdale.

There's only so many I can go on lol

I looked at him. Ended up going for people I thought had a sniff of prize money at longer odds as nobody offered value in the 30's range for me. If he wins I'll curse but 8/1 place money didn't appeal.

At the masters. Any longer than 12/1 and I'll always lump on him.

Wolf

Visit site

I'm a huge Spieth fan always have been but as Papas says the odds for a place once broken down didn't seem that favourable. Mind you a sneaky fiver on him to win may have been an oversight on my part 🤔

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
There's only so many I can go on lol

I looked at him. Ended up going for people I thought had a sniff of prize money at longer odds as nobody offered value in the 30's range for me. If he wins I'll curse but 8/1 place money didn't appeal.

At the masters. Any longer than 12/1 and I'll always lump on him.

Personally quite like the place odds considering he's been that short for winning majors before.

Strange start though, outside top 100 T2G but putting incredibly well. If ball striking doesn't improve drastically he will fall away quickly with the weather tomorrow, if not today. Likewise JR.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Personally quite like the place odds considering he's been that short for winning majors before.

Strange start though, outside top 100 T2G but putting incredibly well. If ball striking doesn't improve drastically he will fall away quickly with the weather tomorrow, if not today. Likewise JR.

I agree his previous exploits do make it look a good shout. I just didn't give him any chance of winning due to weather forecast. His putting looks to be coming back but still talking to his woods too much for me to have faith in him giving hilself enough chances.

8/1 for place odds is good if lumping on. But I'd rather have £5/10 on 100-1 shots than have put £20 on him.

Hope he does well though as I think he's one of the best competitors on tour.

Hoganman1

Visit site
Have to admit Shane Lowry wasn't on my radar, but he was awesome today. I hope he can perform well enough tomorrow to get the win. He is the kind of guy with which us slightly overweight yanks of Irish ancestry can really identify. I realize he's from the Republic so he's not a Ulsterman, but that didn't seem to bother the fans. I doubt if any golf fan would be unhappy if he becomes "the champion golfer of the year".

D

Deleted Member 1156

Paddy Power have Westwood at 66/1 this morning but they are paying down to 10th place e/w. Might be worth an e/w punt as he is currently in 8th place.