Who's Going To Win The Open?

Hoganman1

Visit site
Let's have some fun. I'm curious as to who you all think will prevail at Royal Portrush. I suggest picking three players. One would be the obvious choice for you. Two would be your sentimental favorite and three would be a "dark horse". My obvious pick is Rory. My sentimental favorite is Ian Poulter. My "dark horse" is Jason Day. It will be interesting to see who shows up in this pole. Since many of you are in Europe, you have insights those of us in the states do not have. For instance I'm guessing Eddie Pepperell will show up as a "dark horse" more than once. Thanks in advance to those who choose to participate

D

Deleted member 1418

The guy who takes the fewest shots over the four rounds is my guess!!! 😉😀

Hoganman1

Visit site
Great replies so far. Honestly, I thought I might get a lot of smart*** answers. That usually happens when I post on a US forum.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Obvious choice - Rose
Sentimental - Schauffele (well he has won me a few bob)
Dark horse - Matt Wallace

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Obvious - Jon Rahm (Would like to see a European winner although it's difficult to pick as there is so many good players and the weather and draw may have a big part to play)
Sentimental - Shane Lowry (Irish winner and he seems to have a likable attitude)
Dark Horse - Bernd Wiesberger (Maybe not a dark horse after the last few weeks, and it would be asking a lot to win back to back but he's certainly the form player just now)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why are people saying Rahm as 'obvious'? I'm not sure he has the mentality to win a major personally. Head always seems to go.

My obvious pick has to be Brooks, he's the man to beat.
Sentimental pick would have been Fleetwood but I'm not sure he'll be able to do it, so actually I'm going for Stenson.
Dark horse - Beef! Back from the brink and playing well by the looks of it, you never know.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Obvious - Brooks Koepka. It's going to be Brooks, it just is.
Sentimental - Tiger. Obviously.
Dark Horse - Rory. Seriously. I think he's an unlikely winner this week, more pressure than he will ever have felt going into a tournament, even more than The Masters since he's had a chance to complete the Grand Slam. Think it's so unlikely that he does it that it makes him the dark horse for me. Would be tremendous if he managed it though.

Also think we should add another category - stolen from NLU - who do you think definitely will not win, and it has to be someone who actually has a chance. For me, I don't think DJ will win this week.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Obvious - Brooks Koepka. It's going to be Brooks, it just is.
Sentimental - Tiger. Obviously.
Dark Horse - Rory. Seriously. I think he's an unlikely winner this week, more pressure than he will ever have felt going into a tournament, even more than The Masters since he's had a chance to complete the Grand Slam. Think it's so unlikely that he does it that it makes him the dark horse for me. Would be tremendous if he managed it though.

Also think we should add another category - stolen from NLU - who do you think definitely will not win, and it has to be someone who actually has a chance. For me, I don't think DJ will win this week.
The bookies favourite simply cannot be a dark horse no matter how you justify it man. :ROFLMAO: