Whoopee can play

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Following representations from our manager we have been told we can play on our 9 hole course (which is largely in Somerset ) following Tier 4 rules.

Now just to hope it stays dry and it does not get closed due to flooding.

Just hope tonight's statement does not put us in complete lockdown.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Following representations from our manager we have been told we can play on our 9 hole course (which is largely in Somerset ) following Tier 4 rules.

i hope you havn't just Jinxed yourself

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i hope you havn't just Jinxed yourself

The manager did reference tonight's briefing in his email. I had not even realised there was going to be one. I thought the next one was going to be on the 16th.

Maybe he is just going to warn all children if they do not go back to school they will not get a present from Santa next Christmas

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I am in 4th week of the Welsh ban on sports that are not called cycling! To be honest, the weather has been shocking so might not have played anyway in the 3 weekends so far. The Welsh FM might follow the Scottish Model, but I doubt it.

Getting to be a wizard on my putting mat. No excuses when we reopen!

D

Deleted member 21258

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Believe Police and PPO turned up. Taken along time before action was taken.

Will be interesting to see if Llany get anywhere with taking it forward, as think they are registered under England Golf and have a few holes(4?) in England.

Shame really as one of the drier courses in Shropshire during winter:(
Yes ,played in in the Winter in the Ken Smith matches and apart from the 13th and 14th is pretty dry , great views on a clear day too.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Thought you lived in Tier 3 (for now).....?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hopefully we will be allowed to play in 2 balls, not sure how far or if we'll be allowed travel to the course. My course is in the same council/health board area and only 4 miles away. Awaiting instructions from Scottish Golf and our Club, so fingers crossed :eek::unsure:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So how did that work then as it wasn’t allowed?

No players in who lived in Tier 4 were allowed on either course at all because the clubhouse etc, including the 1st tee to the 9 hole course were in Tier 3. Anybody who lived in Tier 3 was allowed to play.

What was scheduled up until last night was that all Tier 4 members would be allowed to play the 9 hole course but Tier 3 members would not so no mixing. We have two car parks and one of them adjoins the tee for for the first hole so we would also not share the same car park.