Who will get promoted from the Championship ?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
The mighty Royals have won their last seven games in a row, and are now just 3 points off the Saints top spot in the Championship, with a game in hand. Two points behind West Ham having played the same number of games. Just one goal conceded in this run. Perfect timing to grab a top two spot, and to avoid the heartache of the Play Offs. We have been in five play offs including three finals and never won one.:(

Who do you think will get automatic promotion, and who are you tipping to win the Play Offs ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think Southampton might wobble near the line and the Royals may nick it. Think West Ham will go up as Champions but then the 2nd spot is going to go to the wire. Who have Reading got in the run in?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I think Southampton might wobble near the line and the Royals may nick it. Think West Ham will go up as Champions but then the 2nd spot is going to go to the wire. Who have Reading got in the run in?

Next few games are not too bad, Leicester, Doncaster, Peterborough and Barnsley but we do have a difficult last eight games including West Ham, Southampton, Birmingham and Brighton all away.:( Mind you West Ham are struggling at home, and couldn't even beat Watford, and Southampton are not as strong as at the beginning of the season. Just couldn't bear being beaten in the Play Off finals two years in a row.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
The Hammers and The Royals with Southampton losing to 'Olloway's 'Ooligans in the play-off final.....

If Blackpool get into the Play Offs I think they could win again. Most attacking team in the division, and less likely to freeze than most

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought we (Blackpool) were in with a chance of automatics but the last 2 games have probably put paid to that. Reding are looking very good at the moment (have they peaked to early) West Ham are still picking up lots of points but have had a couple of blips recently, Southampton have bounced back after a shakey period, Brum still have games in hand but had a lot of games this seaosn so far, Hull are boring but picking points up, Cardiff have fallen off the pace a little. Middlesbrough and well placed and Brighton are still keeping up. I think the top six will come from those nine. Still nearly a quarter of the season to go, but I think the top 2 will come from West ham, Brum and Reading, the next 3 Southampton, Middlesbrough and hopefully Blackpool.
Pool do have a great record in playoffs but have aweful records against both Brum and West Ham, so I hope if the pool dont go on a 10 game winning run, I hope those 2 get automatic.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am going for West Ham and Southampton. Theres usually a surprise for the play offs - a form team that just creeps into 6th spot. Hull anyone?

Of course - the mighty Palace might just do it! Although I am am very pleased we look like we are now safe from relegation......

golfsaint

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
SOUTHAMPTON !! :whoo:, i think reading will start to lose games towards the end off the season as they have a hard run in ,with the likes of west ham,brighton & birmingham on the last day COYR

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
I'm a hammer and went to Uni in Southampton and have played at St Mary's so I'd be happy with West Hamtop Saints second. Reading can't sustain this run to the end of the season but if Lambert or Lallana got a serious injury things could change. Whoever finishes 3rd won't go up though!