Who will get promoted from the Championship ?

A1ex

Head Pro
Visit site
Reading have some tough games but so does everyone. The Championship is very unpredictable. West Ham almost got beat by Watford the other night and Southampton's home banker resulted in 2 dropped points.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Blackpool's problem is defending leads (a bit like last season in the prem, I still have nightmares about both Bolton and Blackburn way).
Several times this year we have gone behind only to come back and win near the end of the game, then the last 2 matches we scored first, results being drawing one and losing one.

A1ex

Head Pro
Visit site
Another double. Feds got POTM aswell.

Leicester will be very tricky, they're a decent side who I fancy to make a late play off push. A win against them and another three points at Doncaster would probably put us top for the trip to Barnsley.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Leicester very inconsistent, but seem to play better against the good teams. Hopefully Kebe will be back as he terrorised them last season.

We need good results in the next four games, bearing in mind the difficult last four away games to come. Don't like the look of playing Birmingham on the last day of the season, unless they have booked their Play Off place, and have nothing to play for.

A1ex

Head Pro
Visit site
That was the best I've seen Kebe play. He missed about 4 one on ones aswell. A few more goals and it would've been the best individual display I've ever seen.

Nugent and Beckford will provide a test for the defence anyway. Dyer is a handful on his day.

Not concerned with Birmingham away really, it'll either be settled by then or a must win game. If that is the case then it doesn't matter who you play, the pressure will be on regardless.

West Ham, Brighton and Southampton away in the space of 3 weeks late March-Mid April will be the real key. A quick look at Southampton shows they have away games at Millwall, Hull, Blackpool, Palace and Boro. I'd be very surprised if they win 2 of those, let alone more. They've only won 6 out of 17 away games as it is.

West Ham have got a tough run in aswell. Stand outs are Reading, Boro, Birmingham, Brighton and Hull at home. Trip to Leeds, Burnley and Leicester.

No pressure on us, so nothing to lose. If we don't go up we'll enjoy he play offs. If we miss out in those again we'll actually have serious money to spend in the summer and get Top two next season :thup:

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Think the donkey lashers might miss out, actually.
I'll go for West Ham, Reading top 2, Brum via play offs.
Bolton next year (cos sure as **** we're down this year - deservedly so)

johnboywalton

Head Pro
Visit site
West Ham Champions, I really think we have the squad to finish the season strongly, runner-up I can not see pass Southampton or Reading(If they have not peaked to early!)

I fancy Blackpool or either Southhampton/Reading to grab the "play off" spot!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
After seeing us lose in three Play Off finals I vowed to never go to another one. Trouble is my mate that I went last year with, enjoyed the day out so much he wants to go back whoever is in the final.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Madjeski won't want Reading going up again - he'll have to shell out for players again
He'll prefer a couple more games in the p(l)ayoffs, i.e. a Wembley set of gate receipts

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Madjeski won't want Reading going up again - he'll have to shell out for players again
He'll prefer a couple more games in the p(l)ayoffs, i.e. a Wembley set of gate receipts

Yes, but what about the proposed Russian takeover ? We will be rolling in roubles soon.:mmm:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Think Reading will make it this year one way or another. If they get the Ruski roubles then I think they'll buy a side capable of mid table comfort each year and won't be relegation fodder. Get a good cup run every year and jobs a good un

A1ex

Head Pro
Visit site

Wembley play off isn't a big money spinner on its own. The Football League have to hire Wembley from the FA which costs a fortune. The money is then split between two teams. Tidy sum yes, but nothing compared to promotion.

The money spinner is a season in the Premiership. Sold out home games, increased sponsorship, value of the assets (players) increasing, £30m TV money and prize money for league placing. Then even relegaton comes with parachute payments.

Now Madejski has sold the club the new owners have mentioned promotion is the priority, either this season or next season.