Who owns this!!!.............

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What surprised me recently was finding out that if you found a tee placed in the ground within 6 inches of your ball when pick and place is on your allowed to place your ball on the tee.
Just remember you cannot adjust the height of the tee though.

Wedge off a 2 inch high tee anybody.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've come across a few tees stuck in our fairways. I'd like to think folk just forgot to pick them up after mark, clean and place but something tells me that's not the case.

I reckon if they are a couple of inches up in the air its the former.

It always makes me smile when I see player tee up on a teeing area with the ball so far above the ground using an iron, obviously never sort professional advice.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
What surprised me recently was finding out that if you found a tee placed in the ground within 6 inches of your ball when pick and place is on your allowed to place your ball on the tee.

off topic but am I right in recalling that these days there's now no requirement to mark the ball for LCP?

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Thought it was me but I had a 17 on no. 8 so thankfully haven't been named & shamed!

There are a few positives here though - his / her chances of improving are considerably better than mine; they also got their monies worth; their commitment to the game is to be admired - I know no-one who would have stayed on the course in a competition so well done.

Assuming a course length of about 7,000 yards (clearly not an easy course even for good golfers!), each shot went approximately on average 35 yards.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
off topic but am I right in recalling that these days there's now no requirement to mark the ball for LCP?
our course uses PAP a lot during the muddy winter month. One of the last times I played, towards the end of the round I was miles off the fairway, ball looked like a cream egg. I cleaned the ball and noticed a lovely tuft of grass. Just for a laugh I teed the ball up and smacked it with me driver. It was probably me best shot of the round ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
That's nuts, your club is destroying the integrity of the handicap system. It works the other way... this guy could be a decent player, submits a load of really high scores to get a massive handicap, then cleans up at all the competitions.

Bit strong that. It was an adaptation so new members could still get handicaps. Mine came out fine. Hes the idiot that abused the system. The club know if you have a CDH ID or have held one before, therer are protections in place, so unless your example is the best newbie in the world, your example is very far fetched. Also our committee would cut the handicap if you went out and scored 42+ points like a piece of cake.

sunshine

Visit site
Bit strong that. It was an adaptation so new members could still get handicaps. Mine came out fine. Hes the idiot that abused the system. The club know if you have a CDH ID or have held one before, therer are protections in place, so unless your example is the best newbie in the world, your example is very far fetched. Also our committee would cut the handicap if you went out and scored 42+ points like a piece of cake.

Agree I was stretching things a bit, but self certification is not really appropriate, especially for initial handicaps where the golfer might not be fully aware of the rules. Loads of people play casually with their mates, then join a club and find they have been unknowingly breaking loads of rules which improve their score.

Also, the single figure golfer claiming a high handicap would be devious enough to manage their score so as not to arouse too much attention. Use the 36 handicap wisely, no more than 40 points in comps, no reason to score 50 and waste all those shots :LOL:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I have played with someone who shot 165.

He wasn't the worst golfer I've ever seen, he literally had a SLICE attack that day off the tee.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 1156

Is it a big deal though (it's not like I ever saw anyone measure the 6"/scorecard, to make sure they were inside the limit)

I wouldn't trust any golfer (that identifies as male) to accurately gauge a 6" distance anyway :LOL:
Shouldn't be a problem really.

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> 6 inches to a woman

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> 9 inches to a man