Who owns this!!!.............

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
That's what so many clubs allow now, don't they? They are businesses first.
Take the money, and the player(s) go off on to the course. How many playing like that?.
I remember when most clubs required to see a handicap certificate.
That's why.

When golf came back after Lockdown #1 our Covid rules stated that only the player could mark his own card. When submitting cards for handicap, we just had to sign 3 cards and submit them for review - they didnt have to be played with someone you didnt know. We are asked if we have held a handicap previously but he never has. The chap just fudged his cards to give himself a vanity cap - clearly.

Ill point out - hes the worst golfer ive ever seen. Would legitimately need a handicap of 100 to compete with even me over 18 holes and I think id still win. Im not even joking.

I feel sorry for the guys who had to play that medal with him.

mister v

Visit site
me and a mate did a stay and play at celtic manor and where paired up with two lads (who shared clubs!!) and i asked what he played off and he didnt have an official handicap but was hoping to break 200 and we found out he wasnt joking. We lasted 3 holes with them and then left them looking for golf balls as they'd only bought a sleeve of 3 each.

D

Deleted member 21258

That looks like my mums last medal card :LOL::LOL: (sorry mum;))

sunshine

Visit site
When golf came back after Lockdown #1 our Covid rules stated that only the player could mark his own card. When submitting cards for handicap, we just had to sign 3 cards and submit them for review - they didnt have to be played with someone you didnt know. We are asked if we have held a handicap previously but he never has. The chap just fudged his cards to give himself a vanity cap - clearly.

Ill point out - hes the worst golfer ive ever seen. Would legitimately need a handicap of 100 to compete with even me over 18 holes and I think id still win. Im not even joking.

I feel sorry for the guys who had to play that medal with him.

That's nuts, your club is destroying the integrity of the handicap system. It works the other way... this guy could be a decent player, submits a load of really high scores to get a massive handicap, then cleans up at all the competitions.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Still hope they enjoyed themselves. I'd not be surprised if they were a newbie to golf. The scary thing is if they are a seasoned golfer!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's nuts, your club is destroying the integrity of the handicap system. It works the other way... this guy could be a decent player, submits a load of really high scores to get a massive handicap, then cleans up at all the competitions.
We do similar all the time. Treat new members with the respect that should always accompany integrity. Then through observation of scores, searches on CDH & careful construction of Competition Conditions do our best to ensure H/cap reflects ability. 99% of the time its adequate as few attempt to deceive.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Years ago, I used to be the "secretary" of quite a large society. Always made me laugh when checking the scorecards after a meeting and you'd see a card with 12's, 10's & higher on it with the odd zero for a blob. I often wondered how the particular player differentiated between a 14 and a blob ?????

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Years ago, I used to be the "secretary" of quite a large society. Always made me laugh when checking the scorecards after a meeting and you'd see a card with 12's, 10's & higher on it with the odd zero for a blob. I often wondered how the particular player differentiated between a 14 and a blob ?????

Three lost balls and it's a pick-up. :D

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
I had to stop a 6 handicap player from doing something similar during lift clean and place in a medal. He was finding something suitable near the ball picking it up and putting it down within the 6" before placing the ball on top.
I've come across a few tees stuck in our fairways. I'd like to think folk just forgot to pick them up after mark, clean and place but something tells me that's not the case.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've come across a few tees stuck in our fairways. I'd like to think folk just forgot to pick them up after mark, clean and place but something tells me that's not the case.

What surprised me recently was finding out that if you found a tee placed in the ground within 6 inches of your ball when pick and place is on your allowed to place your ball on the tee.

Diamond

Visit site

Probably a lost ball, been there. ?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We had a guy who joined Pyrford a few years back and shot close to 180 in his first roll-up. His unofficial nickname was either Rambler (emerging from obscure bushes or trees) or Eric (Bristow). He only played that one round as he was quickly told he needed to improve before spoiling everyone else's game and the GM quickly stepped in to refund his membership. He had lied about his golfing ability when he turned up.

As time has gone by it is a funny story but I played with him that day and it was anything but funny for me or the groups stuck behind him. He simply would not pick his ball up and not score on a hole. The third member of the group walked off after nine.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We had a guy who joined Pyrford a few years back and shot close to 180 in his first roll-up. His unofficial nickname was either Rambler (emerging from obscure bushes or trees) or Eric (Bristow). He only played that one round as he was quickly told he needed to improve before spoiling everyone else's game and the GM quickly stepped in to refund his membership. He had lied about his golfing ability when he turned up.

As time has gone by it is a funny story but I played with him that day and it was anything but funny for me or the groups stuck behind him. He simply would not pick his ball up and not score on a hole. The third member of the group walked off after nine.
Did he play in the second group out at the old farts v whippersnappers the year before last? They finished almost an hour behind the first fourball (us)....????

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Did he play in the second group out at the old farts v whippersnappers the year before last? They finished almost an hour behind the first fourball (us)....????

I heard a rumour this guy left Pyrford and joined a club in Berkshire - think his nickname was something to do with The Simpsons :LOL: