Cobra Darkspeed

D-S

Visit site
I'm with speed zone (although I did change the head from Xtreme to normal last year at a cost of net £40) , I am tempted to try them but I doubt I'm going to suddenly gain 30 yards .
My, uninformed, opinion is that the only way a new driver is ever going to gain you 30 yards is if the driver you currently use is wildly wrong for you now.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There will be minimal gains from good, centred strikes...like there have been minimal gains in the last few years.
Centre strikes are maxed out..only an improvement in technique will gain distance from the middle.
Any gains with this latest batch of releases will be from improvements to the off centre strikes...giving similar ball speed to centre hits.
Therefore your low heel/high toe and vice versa should go a similar distance to a good one.
Unless, as DS says...you haven't been fitted for your current driver...then you could see some healthy gains....

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
There will be minimal gains from good, centred strikes...like there have been minimal gains in the last few years.
Centre strikes are maxed out..only an improvement in technique will gain distance from the middle.
Any gains with this latest batch of releases will be from improvements to the off centre strikes...giving similar ball speed to centre hits.
Therefore your low heel/high toe and vice versa should go a similar distance to a good one.
Unless, as DS says...you haven't been fitted for your current driver...then you could see some healthy gains....
blah blah blah...everyone knows a new driver will give them at least another 30 yards 🤣

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They look nice, although the black-out design always looks good on clubs. Not sure how I feel about the Callaway Paradym Smoke on the other hand - the texture they've put it at first glance makes it look like it's been absolutely battered already.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't believe the cobra looks "reasonable" at £429.. the new ping at £569 😂
I'm getting all the usual email spams on these, but it always rankles the most when I get it from "Affordable Golf" - new Callaways £569 as well. They might have to change the name of their site for these ones.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I'm getting all the usual email spams on these, but it always rankles the most when I get it from "Affordable Golf" - new Callaways £569 as well. They might have to change the name of their site for these ones.
Stil affordable in some people's eyes...

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Instagram makes me laugh - full of videos showing golf shops opening the clubs. If you are going to show you have the latest demo clubs/fittings etc, at least try and do a video that stands out

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm with speed zone (although I did change the head from Xtreme to normal last year at a cost of net £40) , I am tempted to try them but I doubt I'm going to suddenly gain 30 yards .

Could be an LTDx LS head looking for a home shortly…. Apparently.

Rumour is there could also be some shaft options… again this is apparently ;)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
On the plus side…. Bryson spec, 5.5*

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Just took a couple of hours out of my day to beat some balls down the range. The AG attached has all the AI,QI, Darkspeed woods and hybrids in. Have to say the Cobras look stunning in the flesh.

sunshine

Visit site
They look nice, although the black-out design always looks good on clubs. Not sure how I feel about the Callaway Paradym Smoke on the other hand - the texture they've put it at first glance makes it look like it's been absolutely battered already.
This is exactly what I thought about the callaway driver. Also “ai” is a very unoriginal name. Sounds like someone asked chat gpt what is the most topical phrase of 2023.