Who do you fancy for the Masters?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
These are the current leading fancies. If you had a £10 free bet (this isn’t a competition) where would it go?

And you can go each-way, so I’ll go Reed e/w

Attachments

• 659A210E-3A19-43F3-8B53-403497C38618.jpeg
    659A210E-3A19-43F3-8B53-403497C38618.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 45

evemccc

Visit site
DJ I think is the standout player of his generation / this era

If I wanted to bet, I’d stick a tenner on him and maybe a fiver on Reed...with his short game, and at 28-1 I think that’s good odds

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I put £9 on Fleetwood e/w and the other pound on Langer e/w.
I like betting on long shots.
Lol. Maybe that should read "I like putting my money in a pile and setting fire to it"....
Though I'd like fleetwood to do well, obvs.
As above somewhere else, Reed is a %$#@, but he looks good value e/w.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Said this before - I still don't know why but I have this feeling that Rory finally does it. It's like he's had every hard luck story now, and the only story left is the one where he wins. Probably not though. The smart money is on DJ to do it again obviously. He's pretty near untouchable at the minute.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The highest ranked Brit is 28/1, I think that's a reasonable price ....................... but I just can't see past DJ.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Rory will get a 65 on Saturday to take the lead, then putt nothing on Sunday and finish T-8.

If this really is a revival by Spieth, then he could go into this as the favourite. Other than Tiger and Jack Nicklaus, I don't think anyone has looked so comfortable around Augusta. It is crazy to think that he has only won it once!

evemccc

Visit site
Rory will get a 65 on Saturday to take the lead, then putt nothing on Sunday and finish T-8.

If this really is a revival by Spieth, then he could go into this as the favourite. Other than Tiger and Jack Nicklaus, I don't think anyone has looked so comfortable around Augusta. It is crazy to think that he has only won it once!

If you wanted a relatively outside bet then yes I agree. If the Augusta National greens are as they normally are in April, and he puts like he can, then surely he's demonstrated many times that he's got the potential for the game for the Masters

DJ, Reed and Spieth would be my three picks.. if I were to bet..

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I imagine the odds on Spieth winning before the Phoenix event were pretty long.

I’d love to see Rory win, it would be a huge weight off his shoulders and think he could then relax a bit more and his game go on to improve.

My heads says DJ though, continuing to show how good he is.

D

Deleted member 21445

Rory.... and im basing that on nothing more than someone of his talent has to put it all together round a golf course that suits him eventually.

Justin Rose as a bit more of an outsider, back with his coach , game seems to be heading in the right direction every week and he has the vital Augusta experience & knowledge you need to score well round there.

Even more of an outsider after last week, Jordan Spieth... been in the wilderness for a while, just needs his confidence back in his game which seems to be coming back slowly, great short game/putter and is a past winner.