Who do you fancy for the Masters?

D

Deleted member 18588

I always look for value when betting on the Majors so Schauffele @ 16/1 and Morikawa @ 30/1 are my bets at the moment. Both E/W.

This policy paid off handsomely in 2019 when I had both Lowry and Woodland.

Favourites and shorter odds don't often play out so well and, in any event, I wouldn't touch McIlroy as he's been too expensive for years now with his habit of chucking in at least one bad round in Majors.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Rory will get a 65 on Saturday to take the lead, then putt nothing on Sunday and finish T-8.

If this really is a revival by Spieth, then he could go into this as the favourite. Other than Tiger and Jack Nicklaus, I don't think anyone has looked so comfortable around Augusta. It is crazy to think that he has only won it once!
This, so.....

DJ

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rory will get a 65 on Saturday to take the lead, then putt nothing on Sunday and finish T-8.

If this really is a revival by Spieth, then he could go into this as the favourite. Other than Tiger and Jack Nicklaus, I don't think anyone has looked so comfortable around Augusta. It is crazy to think that he has only won it once!
Eh? :ROFLMAO: Nobody other than DJ will be the favourite unless he breaks his arm the week before.

D

Deleted member 21258

Dont think I have ever guessed the winner correctly in advance, so Im going for the person who has the longest surname to win -

Christiaan Bezuidenhout

Know nothing about him, but from wiki my chances of being right are low:ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 1147

I’d happily bet someone else’s money on Spieth

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I suggest that you take a look at Spieth's record there :giggle:
Yeah 46th last time. Ha, I don't mean he wouldn't be a decent outside bet, but you said favourite! He's not going to be favourite unless he wins every tournament from now until then. It will surely be DJ who's favourite, barring a miracle.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Dont think I have ever guessed the winner correctly in advance, so Im going for the person who has the longest surname to win -

Christiaan Bezuidenhout

Know nothing about him, but from wiki my chances of being right are low:ROFLMAO:

Certainly not a favourite with trophy engravers.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rory.... and im basing that on nothing more than someone of his talent has to put it all together round a golf course that suits him eventually.

Justin Rose as a bit more of an outsider, back with his coach , game seems to be heading in the right direction every week and he has the vital Augusta experience & knowledge you need to score well round there.

Even more of an outsider after last week, Jordan Spieth... been in the wilderness for a while, just needs his confidence back in his game which seems to be coming back slowly, great short game/putter and is a past winner.

This idea that Augusta suits Rory is becoming a bit of a myth.

It suits good drivers yes, but also those with a good short game, which isn’t really Rory, is it?

However, Rory is streaky so he could hang it all together and post an unbeatable score. More likely though it will be three great rounds and a 78

D

Deleted member 1147

This idea that Augusta suits Rory is becoming a bit of a myth.

It suits good drivers yes, but also those with a good short game, which isn’t really Rory, is it?

However, Rory is streaky so he could hang it all together and post an unbeatable score. More likely though it will be three great rounds and a 78
Rory has a great short game.
His weakness is 60-120 yds.

D

Deleted member 1147

Short game is surely everything within 100 yards? Anyway, I think his putting is streaky, but maybe I just pay more attention to him
Ok, I think of short game as under 50yds and not on the green: pitching, chipping, bunkers

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am going to go with the young guns this year, my 2 would be Xander Scahuffle, he looks damn near unflappable when he's there or thereabouts on a Sunday and my real wild card in Matthew Wolfe, he pushed Bryson close at the US Open and hits it a country mile, which seems to help round Augusta. Watch them both be crap that week now.