Who Buys Golf Ballls

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've not bought any in years. I've got enough used ones to last until I'm 90. I did buy them many many years ago but the wife would have me shot if I actually bought some now.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It partly depends on the course you play at. At my current and previous course I didn't lose many balls. At past clubs the opportunity to lose them was far greater and so I was buying them more frequently.

Ultimately, you have to buy them at some point, unless you go diving in lakes or search through rough constantly at golf courses 🤷‍♂️

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I haven't bought any for some time..
I generally use a premium ball and I find more than I lose or wear out.
Winning some in comps helps too.. ;)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Cannot remember the last time I bought any. Or when I will. And I lose quite a few.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If you want to play a new ball but are not lucky enough to be given any or win any then, other than stealing some, buying them is the only way. And so occasionally I do. Fortunately I find more than enough ‘pre-used’ in perfectly good enough condition for my needs.

Teebs

Visit site
I'm selective over what ball I use, go through around 2 dozen Prov1 a year.

Prob get 2 rounds per ball before they discolour (or lost!).

JayB

Visit site
I buy Srixon AD333 for myself and Titlelist Trusoft my lad, for consistency, even if only in my head I prefer to use a single type of ball. I normally just buy 3 or 4 boxes of each at a time when I see offers on, no idea how long they last, I just keep us stocked up

We have a large bucket of used balls at home that we've found over time, my lad often takes a bagful with him to hit on the range

Teebs

Visit site
I've never purchased a golf ball in the 3 years I've spent golfing.

A UV light, a bucket and a course on public land is all you need :ROFLMAO:

Can you do that when it's dusk or does it need to be the dead of night? Gonna have a forage around my club in a few weeks..

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
One of my mate's dog used to find dozens of balls and I bought very good condition ProV1's with the money going to a local charity. Unfortunately his current dog has no interest in golf balls!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I've never purchased a golf ball in the 3 years I've spent golfing.

A UV light, a bucket and a course on public land is all you need :ROFLMAO:
Is the correct answer. Over two nights 187 first night 185 the second night. I had what I wanted and gave the rest away to PP. I have had twice as many back since.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Played my last 3 rounds with a Callaway Supersoft that I had found. Its in the retirement bucket now.
During those rounds I have found another Supersoft and a Srixon Softfeel. Should get several rounds out of them.
I have 12 Chromesofts and 6 ProV1s still in their boxes - all from golf days' winnings. And 9 Srixon Softfeels - bought 2 dozen yonks ago.

Last balls I bought was nearly two years ago. Two dozen TM RBZ Speed for £24 at Sports Direct. (£1 a ball). Use these in the winter, which at my course is late Oct to April.
Still have 15 of these left after two winter's play.

In my bag at the moment are 2 ProV1s, 3 Srixon Softfeel, 1 Callaway Supersoft, 1 Callaway Chromesoft and a yellow Titleist Toursoft.

Probably won't be buying any balls until Christmas 2025.

(I have purchased some 1.62s from ebay in recent years, but that is another story)

D

Deleted member 18121

I'm a bit precious with my balls...... unless its a virtually new premium ball, I wont pick up any I find. I normally wait and buy some on offer, think I have 4-5 dozen in the cupboard at the moment.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is the correct answer. Over two nights 187 first night 185 the second night. I had what I wanted and gave the rest away to PP. I have had twice as many back since.
How did you know the countries worst players played at this particular course? Local knowledge? :ROFLMAO: . That's a crazy amount to find.

D

Deleted member 15344

Normally get about 4 dozen a year - that will last the year

Currently trying a new ball courtesy of GM and have enough to last the season

But will always buy new balls and prob have a ball that lasts 3 rounds then swap for a new one

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I buy pro v1s, usually when they do the offer of 4 for 3 when the new model comes out. I only use these in summer. A new ball every competition and then use that ball for friendly knocks or until I lose it. I don’t lose many. In winter I buy tour speeds and a dozen will usually last the winter as I play less. I managed 10 rounds last winter with just two balls, five rounds each.