Which Wedge?

WGC

Medal Winner
Visit site
Going on holidays and have 100euro(£78) to spen on a wedge. Looking for recomendations. Have my eye on a Mac Gregor MT PRO DW Wedge. Is anyone using / used this wedge if so love to know.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
What degree wedge? I notice you have 5-sw so will it be a gap or lob? Or are you looking to replace one in the set?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The TM zip grooves look nice. Any of the Cleveland range are pretty nifty. Its about what you are looking to use it for, how good you are with a wedge, what sort of course you play on (to determine the bounce needed) and how it looks to your eye.

I'd suggest going to see your pro or trying them out in somewhere like AG ideally on a range so you can judge the spin before you part with your money

mikest

Club Champion
www.middlesbroughgolfclub.co.uk
I have two new wedges, callaway X-forged wedges, callaway now have roger cleveland on-board and the last two years wedges have been great. I have 52 and a 60 degree wedges that my pro sold me for 70 quid each. The spin generated by these is incredible although I feel the bounce on the 52 degree one could do with being a little less for my home club as the fairways are quite firm.

Overall they are the best wedges out there in the current market in my own opinion. Tried the vokeys and the clevelands before I got these two and in my opinion they didnt come close.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US/Products/Clubs/Wedges/X-ForgedWedges.html

WGC

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks, they did catch my I as I think they have a classy look about them. Will see whats available and which suits me most and thanks to all for their help