Which player currently on Tour will have the most majors by 40

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I personally believe Rory will get to double digits and will have the most

Read a lot, especially on here and WRX, that he is done and will never win another.

Thomas is good, streaky player when gets hot is really hot.

Spieth is closest contender to Rory, such a good all round game, his putting is the most over rated part of his game...and it is still pretty excellent

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Spieth comfortably I'd say. Boy knows how to win rather than hit the Hollywood shots a la McIlroy.

How old is Spieth? Without checking (I think he's mid 20's) he could get reasonably close to Woods/Nicklaus assuming he keeps the knack of knowing of how to score.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Who, out of all the current crop, is there or thereabouts on Sunday afternoons..?
Wouldn't surprise me if Spieth overtakes Tiger...

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Who, out of all the current crop, is there or thereabouts on Sunday afternoons..?
Wouldn't surprise me if Spieth overtakes Tiger...

Yawnfest, not sure if that would be a good thing or not.
Great player, so much potential, but I'd rather watch paint dry

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Yawnfest, not sure if that would be a good thing or not.
Great player, so much potential, but I'd rather watch paint dry

Well you can put me down for 5 ltrs and two coats please

On the OP yeah Spieth for me too, seems far more consistent than current (tied) leader Rory and I think his game looks like it has a longevity that Rory's power game might not have
I'd like to see Justin T win more but don't see much more than another one so I'd put DJ as my 2nd bet

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
As as much as it’s annoys me to say Spieth certainly looks like the one with the knack so I’d think it would be him.

However Rory is still the most talented in the world quite comfortably and looks like he’s realised he needs to sort himself out now.

Spieth catch Tiger? Come on be serious.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

McIlroy for me is the most talented player and still think he will win the most of the current new crop

Think Spieth will get the career grand slam before him though

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
McIlroy for me is the most talented player and still think he will win the most of the current new crop

Think Spieth will get the career grand slam before him though

I would agree that McIlroy possesses the most talent, however surely doubts are rising about his long term ability to remain injury free, his swing is so aggressive is it going to give him longevity ?

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Too early to say about Justin Thomas. From what we've seen so far, I'd say that Spieth and Rory are currently the only ones that have shown the potential to win multiple times.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jon Rahm

jon-rahm-of-spain-gives-a-thumbs-up-during-a-practice-round-prior-to-picture-id817596216