• New Wedge

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • None

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
a 58* or 60* wedge. they can really get you out of trouble at times. they will take a bit of practice at first to trust that hitting them aggressively will make the ball shoot up rather than any greater distance. another great shot to have in the locker. knowing when to use it will come with practice. i used to have a 64 degree and used it alot even when it wasnt needed. i soon worked out that a 60 would suit me better and when was the correct time to use it.

i have used this crowd many times. the md wedges are great value.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Dunluce-Golf

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
what chance is there of being able to try out the driver/shaft combination before you commit?
go somewhere with a launch monitor?

Ah see this is another problem I have. I can go to a pro near me who has a trackman who charges £35 for a driver fitting. This gets taken off if you buy the club with him. he has all the shafts and club heads etc. I'd then have to sell my old driver privately. The cost of the driver I want from him is £300

2nd option is the local american golf store thats just opened new. They have launch monitors (how accurate they are I dont know) and they will trade my old driver in for £100 but I'll probably be fitted by an 18 year old. The cost of the driver with them is £250.

So local pro, who will prob give the better fitting, will prob cost £50 more. that's assuming I can sell the club privately. I could go to my local pro for the fitting then actually purchase the club in AG in which case it would cost me £35 more.