Where's the UK made equipment?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What do they actually do in the Wilson factory? Do they make or just assemble?

Do you have the address for John Letters? I've struggled to find it.

Letters They made great forged clubs. Last set I had were traditional sized heads lovely to play with and I regret selling them.

They were sod to Direct Golf at some time and I can find a reference to them being a ta Scottish golf show in 2015.

D

Deleted member 15344

John Letters were bought by a PGA Pro who was part of Golf Direct and a workshop was opened in St Andrews - they are still sold via some sites.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
As far as I'm aware John Letters aren't in business any more which is why I was curious.

They were one of the biggest UK brands but were bought by Dunlop in 1957 (as I said earlier, there was a lot of crossover between brands!).
Several further changes of ownership until John Andrew of Direct Golf bought the name in 2006 and tried to make a go of it as a custom builder of top end clubs but the public didn't buy and so they went more budget but seem to have disappeared 5 or 6 years ago.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Is Lynx not a British brand?

Lynx was an American brand but they built a big presence in the UK and advertised heavily in the 1970s and 80s, they were an expensive brand but the UK public seemed to prefer their and other American and Japanese clubs over UK made clubs.