Where is everyone from? What’s everyone’s handicap and what’s everyone’s home course?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Up in Gateshead, I joined my local course Garesfield in January after being a member at Chester Le Street since I took up the game about 6 years ago, currently clinging onto a 12 handicap :oops:

D

Deleted member 3432

Cumbria, member at Silloth on Solway and playing off 5.

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’m in Tooting, London. I don’t have a handicap at the moment as I’ve only been playing about 8 months, but I expect it would be high if I did. No home course at present either but I play at the Oaks in Carshalton a fair bit. Tossing up whether to join Wimbledon Common or potentially Hampton Court in the summer though. Sadly given the deteriorating traffic situation recently most Surrey clubs are a bit too tricky to get to on a consistent basis to make a membership worthwhile.

I'm not too far from you and those courses, so if you ever fancy a round give me a shout, as i'm a nomad aswell....

Hoganman1

Visit site
I'm from "across the pond". I live in Charlotte NC and play at Myers Park Country Club. My current index is 13.5. I've had a bad Winter as my index was 10.3 in November.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm from south Watford, playing at Haste Hill, which is a public course our club operates from. I am just clinging onto 16 handicap still but will be up to 17 very soon I'm sure.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Play at East Ren just south of Glasgow.

I got cut 6 shots last year and down to 17.9.
Hoping there's another couple of shots in there when this season gets going and I can get some practice in.

Visit site
I'm living in West Sussex and have been a member at Haywards Heath GC since late summer '19. Basically only just managed to get three cards in by end of January because of the shite weather; all three rounds were in poor conditions and consequently I ended up with a 35 handicap. The (soon to be ex ) head pro there has been giving me lessons and reckons I should be aiming for 25 by the end of the summer and lower than that in the longer term. I got fitted for some Titleist T300s last week to replace my 11-year-old Wilson Staff Di9s and they will make quite a bit of a difference (20+ yards longer on each iron).

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Heard about that. How have the courses held up?

p.s Have you seen reports on the food hygiene rating there? I was shocked :eek:

yep. They fixed the issues immediately and are waiting for another audit but I think they only had a 3 rating before. The clubhouse prices are ridiculous anyway So I never eat there. To be honest, when the course is open it’s drier than any other parkland course I’ve played this winter.