where do you practice?

S17er

Club Champion
Visit site
I can understand people frowning on using sports grounds but that is where I first started playing on the local school field and used to try to score goals from one side of pitch to the other and also see how close to the goal I could still lob it over the cross bar. I had a look at the field recently for the first time in many years and smiled at my younger self puring 4 irons up this hill that I could now do with a gap wedge.

I'm a big fan of on course practice but from common situations so if there is a green where I often miss left I will hit 2 or 3 chips from there.

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Garden for me, the course is twenty minutes away and I have and the farmer who owns the hill behind me doensnt mind me whacking a driver into the hill as long as his sheep aren't in there, I'm lucky that any iron can be used in the garden although the lawn does take some stock! Putting is a hall carpet job😀

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Lucky to have an outstanding practice facility at both course I play at. Great range with separate chipping green plus large putting greens.

Have to admit that I'm very spoiled. Tend to use both frequently too so it's money well spent.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Astroturf putting mat that I have mounted on hardwood that sits out of the back of the house under a covered conservatory roof. Go out there and hit 100 putts every night. I play 200+ rounds a year but always have at least 1 x 30 minute short game practice at my club and 1 range session where I hit 5 shots with each club. During the winter that will go up to 3 range sessions a week.

If you'd seen Mrs Shark, you know why I play so much golf. :eek:

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Astroturf putting mat that I have mounted on hardwood that sits out of the back of the house under a covered conservatory roof. Go out there and hit 100 putts every night. I play 200+ rounds a year but always have at least 1 x 30 minute short game practice at my club and 1 range session where I hit 5 shots with each club. During the winter that will go up to 3 range sessions a week.

If you'd seen Mrs Shark, you know why I play so much golf. :eek:

Haha 🤣 I was thinking Mrs Shark is the very definition of a golf widow as I was reading that!

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Lucky that Mearns Castle has a driving range and a top grade putting green-so that's every Friday night taken care of(£5.50/100 balls)+it's only 10 mins up the road.Club has a reasonable practise area but no real bunkers to try from,there is a practise net before the 1st tee and a putting green,so all in all pretty lucky.
My only problem is that I am a scratch golfer when relaxed at practising(which I love!)but overthink everything on the course-scorecard syndrome***(dare I say that I am not alone in this????)

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My only problem is that I am a scratch golfer when relaxed at practising(which I love!)but overthink everything on the course-scorecard syndrome***(dare I say that I am not alone in this????)

Don't worry, there are some who are scratch golfers in here, single figure on the range, but choppers on the course
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Moff

Head Pro
Visit site
Lucky that Mearns Castle has a driving range and a top grade putting green-so that's every Friday night taken care of(£5.50/100 balls)+it's only 10 mins up the road.Club has a reasonable practise area but no real bunkers to try from,there is a practise net before the 1st tee and a putting green,so all in all pretty lucky.

Jimbo - The practise/winter green to right of first has a practise bunker.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site

5.50 for a 100 balls is great. The cost Really puts me off the range paying so much to whack balls they pick up again 🙄

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our club has a range, and a short game area, though they make us use the mats for short game area which is a joke, they recently opened a 6 hole fun area that’s about 80 years or so a hole which we can use to, but as it’s new it still needs time to bed in.
We can get a range card for 9quid that’s around 200 balls so it’s not too bad.