Where did your first tee shot go?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I at least managed to avoid the trees but still in the left hand rough 50 yards short of where it would normally be.

A bit better than predicted.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
150 yards downhill par 3, plays about 135/140 but a touch of breeze into my face.
Smooth 8 iron, clears the front bunker, kicks a little left and onto the fringe about 12 feet away
Birdie putt lipped out to 2 inches...easiest par I've had on that hole.

NearHull

Visit site
Decided to hit the big ball before the little ball and gained about 120yds. Took me three holes to realise why I was hitting poorly - leg movement. Corrected the dancing legs and parred the next three holes with decent strokes.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just the two practice swings and found both the middle of the clubface and the middle of the fairway . Hadn't touched a club in over six weeks so quite pleased with my effort.

Doodle

Visit site
Missed the fairway left.
Blocked myself out.
Duffed my chip out.
Chipped out again
Missed the green with the 4th
Knifed my shot back through the green.
2x puts for a blob.

The rest of the round was ok
2x blobs & 33 points.
Great to be back.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
213 straight down middle of fairway

Was impressed .. even in cold my driver was constantly 210 plus

Thought it would be under 200 today tbh

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Split the fairway leaving 184 to the flag, came up 20 yards short chipped to 6 foot and lipped out for a bogey. 14 points out and 14 points back so consistent ?

SG86

Medal Winner
Visit site
First round back tomorrow, I'm guessing in the canal - 1st hole is my nemesis. It's a straight par 5, so either a birdie or a bogey depending on the drive.

I even have a canal ball pre-selected for the tribute.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Much to my surprise it went long and straight ?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A high slice on our par 5 opener, fortunately still in play! Had a 6 foot putt for par, which I missed, but happy to walk away with a bogey. A round of 2 halves for me, played well on the front 9 with a few pars and a birdie, 21 points, but was starting to tire after 11/12 holes which resulted in lazy swings, fats and thins, and ended up with 13 points on the back. Still better than I thought I’d play and loved being back!

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Actually went down the middle and left about 240 yards to the par-5 1st. Got very ahead of myself with my head swimming with the past four weeks' swing thoughts and ended up missing a three-footer for par. Didn't even touch the sides.