When would the club apply and ESR?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've hit a bit of form recently without shooting the real low one that has been on the cards.

Like today went out in level parr gross into the wind then had a couple of 7's and a 6 so dropped 8 shots in 3 holes on the back.

In the last 4 comps i've entered i have been cut;
0.6 today, so have gone from 9 to 7.

I 've often seen ESR's mentioned but when would the club apply it, and what sort of cuts would would you need?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've hit a bit of form recently without shooting the real low one that has been on the cards.

Like today went out in level parr gross into the wind then had a couple of 7's and a 6 so dropped 8 shots in 3 holes on the back.

In the last 4 comps i've entered i have been cut;
0.6 today, so have gone from 9 to 7.

I 've often seen ESR's mentioned but when would the club apply it, and what sort of cuts would would you need?

ESR is based on scoring nett differential -4 or better on more than one occasion in the year and the recommended reduction is based on the number of less exceptional scores between the -4s. As a Cat 2 player, the scores you mentions have been -3 and -2 so ESR would not have been triggered. However, I would certainly be considering a clause 23 reduction for the 4 consecutive scores you mention.

In the back of my mind I seem to remember that SGU is the only home union not taking part in the ESR trial.

Last edited: